Notes for the Quest for the Straight Road - READ FIRST

lord_aragorn86

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Let me clear things up for Aragorn! He heard the news of the brothers Elladan and Elrohir through Arwen, his wife! He at once set out for Gondor to know the full story. The rule of Gondor was handed over to Faramir, the lord of Ithilien. He will act as a steward in Aragorn's absence. Since Faramir is an able ruler, Aragorn can pretty much be free about Gondor's concern as Most of the enemies of Gondor have been destroyed. Eomer too will be there to protect Gondor. Aragorn need not worry!

I don't think that Aragorn will mind not being the leader of the quest. I beleive he is still pretty much shaken up for the wrong desicions he had taken while leading the Fellowship of the Ring.

And then how can a company be formed in these dangerous times without an able warrior and a strategist. Also as an added advantage, Aragorn too has seen a lot of Misty Mountains and its ways during his Ranger days. I m sure he will prove to be a great help in the Quest!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

valedhelgwath

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If the character Valedhelgwath is a tall, male, human (?) warrior at the beginning of the story,
Just for clarity, Val is a Noldor elf of the same House as Glorfindel, who was born in Gondolin shortly before its fall. He's pretty much a loner, prefering the company of beasts to fellow elves or men. He's more of a Ranger/Tracker/Beastmaster type character than a warrior, although he is quite handy with his bow. His favorite tactic is to hide in the safety of the treetops and take his enemies out with a carefully aimed arrow rather than get involved with hand to hand fighting. He does have a sword, but only as a last resort will he use it.

He's been known to slink back into the shadows when the going gets too tough rather than get hurt, which is why he has a poor name around Rivendell.

lord_aragorn86

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have intro duced a new character, Arkantos! He is a friend of Elladan and Elrohir. He is debt to them as they had saved him once from the orcs. He too thus chooses to go for the quest. Another reason is that he likes Amarie and wants to impress her in due course!

He is of the race of men. He is a good swordsman and like Valedhelgwath is a friend of all good beasts and birds. He has walked in Mirkwood many times and is thus not afraid of darkness or strange creatures and beasts.

Amarië

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Another reason is that he likes Amarie and wants to impress her in due course!

"But my heart belongs to daddy, so I simply couldn't be bad"

This is going to get interesting. Amarie loves the Twins like brothers too and truly would give her life to save them. She is aware of Arkantos' feelings for her and sees him for the good man he is, but her heart is longing to go to Valinor and to her parents there.

The important thing for her is to find the Gems, no matter what happens to her. If they are successfull and the gems are found, she could go there by boat and live with her mother and the twins would be saved, if she dies in the attempt she will go to the Halls of Mandos to be with her father. Failure would be if the Gems where not found. Arkantos' presens may cause her a great deal of heartache.
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

lord_aragorn86

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

She is aware of Arkantos' feelings for her and sees him for the good man he is.......Arkantos' presens may cause her a great deal of heartache.

Uh....make it that Amarie is NOT aware of Arkantos' feelings for her but will be during the quest. And why wld it cause her a heartache? She needn't fall for him! Also I have other plans for Arkantos! U will know as the story progresses!

Rhodry*of*Aberwyn

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

**Name Change**

I've decided to change Rhodry's name to*Roland of Osgiliath*, as I'm about to introduce a charactor, or, creature very similar to one from Katherine Kerrs books, who is also closly tied to *rhodry of Aberwyn* in her series and I thought it wise to make the change as i'd not like to cause any breach of copyright.
So if you guy's could make an adjustment in your previous posts it would be much appreciated. ty.

*background on Roland or Osgiliath*
Roland is a young man*in his early 20's*, born in Osgiliath to a very wealthy Merchant. And as such was given the finest education, including litriture, mathmatics, the sciences and history. His Father secured a place for him in politics, but Roland had dreams of joining the military, to which his father scoffed at, saying he was much to clummsy and cowardly. This only goaded him to run away from home at the age of 15 and join the army, where he discovered that his father may have been right, he stuggled to leard sword play and other military things, and he also earned the wroth of his superiors and was scoffed at by his peers.
He became withdrawn and unhappy, but even more determined to prove them wrong and more importantly, to earn his fathers respect, it was during the war of the ring how ever where his luck began to change, amidst one of the early scirmishes, Roland was bonked on the head, and became berserk. Almost mad with beserker laughter, he sliced through the enemy ranks like a scyth, sure footed and all signs of clumsiness forgotten. That was the turn of the postThreadIDe for him, and he became known as one of the greatest swordsmen in all of Gondor.
After the war, he was sent to Rivendell to act as the voice of the gondorian army, he took this responsibility very seriously and why he was one of the first to step forward when Elrond asked for aid..nn[Edited on 1/11/2003 by Rhodry*of*Aberwyn]

grondmaster

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Editorial Point of Order: What the heck is Elrond doing back here in Rivendell? I seem to remember him shipping out with the rest of the Ringbearers a few years back. You better have a pretty good explanation why Elrond returned. Maybe you should have Lord Glorfindel now be in charge of Rivendell, as he wasn't mentioned as being in that party, and that would require a much simpler explanation such as:
In preparation for his final journey from Rivendell to the Grey Havens, and ultimately to hidden Valinor, Elrond had turned over the Keys of Imladris to Lord Glorfindel. With them he had transferred the responsibability of maintaining Rivendell as the Last Homely House in the West.

Elrond had given this charge to Lord Glorfindel, as he had known that his sons, the twins, wanted to hunt Orc rather than be classified as glorified innkeepers, while Glorfindel had not yet become ready to leave Middle-earth, as he still had an epic poem he wished to finish writing: The Life and Resurrection of an Elven Lordling.
Feel free to adjust the tense of my quoted wording to fit its time and place in the story. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

Allyssa

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Grondy: This story takes place immediately after the War of the Ring, which ended in March 3019 as The Tale of Years tells us. The Last riding of the Keepers of the Rings did not come to The Grey Havens until September 3021. They seem to have been delayed for two and a half years. Something must have held them up...like this story?
"May the Angels Guide"

lord_aragorn86

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Excuse me Rhodry! U say that Roland is there to represent the Gondorian Army. Then wat do u think Aragorn is doing in Rivendell? He is also from Gondor if u remember. But yeah, Roland can come in as an Esquire for Aragorn who was a little late due to reasons unknown!

Amarië

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Uh....make it that Amarie is NOT aware of Arkantos' feelings for her but will be during the quest. And why wld it cause her a heartache? She needn't fall for him! Also I have other plans for Arkantos! U will know as the story progresses
Ok, without knowing what Lord A has planned for Arkantos, the last part here seem to fit what I've been thinking too.

Amarie may not have noticed his actions as an attempt to impress her, but if a girl doesn't notice her friends usually does. ;) It depends on how obvious he has been and for how long its been goin on. She might not have belived her friends if they told her. But ok, she will become aware later on, that will work. It will be interesting either way. :)

I had planned for her to bring lots of ekstra bandages and ointments and stuff expecting poor clumsy Roland to get hurt alot. Maybe Arkentos will be a bit annoyed at Roland for getting so much of her attention, even if it is purly out of friendly worry and consideration for other peoples feelings, like her friend put it "Oh you have always cared for stray cats and lost puppies, bless your heart." nn[Redigert den 2/11/2003 av Amarië]
"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Return to “Writers Guild”