Just a quick update. A question was raised in one of the taverns today, asking what standards we work to when deciding whether a submission is acceptable to be included in the fan fiction section. Generally we work to the following guidelines.
1) There must be a link to Tolkien's works
2) Submissions must conform to our Family Friendly rules (ie. no swearing, sexual content etc)
3) Must be written in English
4) Must be of a good grammatical standard
5) The stories content should be of a high standard too.
6) As of yet we have not placed an upper limit on the length of stories, but as a rule of thumb, I'd suggest no more than 15,000 words. Longer submissions should perhaps be broken down into shorter chapters.
In the post above, I also mentioned a Reading Group. I now have a short mailing list of members, but as of yet the group is still small and still waiting for the first material to be circulated. If any of you budding writers would like to share your material with others please feel free to join in. This group is not limited to entire stories. Material can be anything.... short stories, poems, even a few paragraphs of prose that you are working on. If you would like to join in, either post your email contact in the [u]Reading Group Revisited[/u] thread, or send it to me direct either via email or PM.