Reading Group Revisited

LadyFeawen

Reading Group Revisited

Post#1 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:50 pm

I would love to read some of the stories! :) And maybe (eventually) I will contribute some of my stories, but I doubt it.. My email address:
theoretically_sane@hotmail.com
I can't wait. :)
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

loni

Reading Group Revisited

Post#2 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:12 pm

I love reading stories and commenting ont hem, and occasionally I write one myself. But just occasionally.

shpecklesh@hotmail.com

valedhelgwath

Reading Group Revisited

Post#3 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:59 am

One of the old features of the Writer's Guild, which sadly seems to have died of late, was a mailing list of voluntary Readers. Basically, it was comprised of people who enjoyed reading the stories others in the group had written, and perhaps commenting briefly on them. At its peak a couple of years ago, around fourty people were part of the group, and it gave budding writers within the group the opportunity to air their stories and poems to a group of like minded readers.

If there is sufficient interest, I would like to resurrect this group. If anyone is interested in joining in either as a reader or writer, please let me know. In the past volunteers just posted their nickname and email address below, but for security reasons we found some of the younger members were reluctant to post their email addresses in public. If you wish to join this group, therefore, either post your details below, or PM them to me. I can then build a mailing list to send any stories to. I am particularly interested in attracting writers to this group too, so if you feel you are a budding writer, and would like others to read your work, please don't be shy about joining in.

valedhelgwath

Reading Group Revisited

Post#4 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:02 am

I'll make sure the pair of you are put on the mailing list. I'm away on holiday for a week after today but once I get back I'll try to get a few things organised.

Allyssa

Reading Group Revisited

Post#5 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:53 am

I will join as an occasional writer. I can always do with some more feedback. I assume that the material does not necessarily have to be Fantasy or Tolkien related?
"May the Angels Guide"

Amarië

Reading Group Revisited

Post#6 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:34 pm

Sing me up too. Reading is fun. Maybe reading a few stories and learning how to improve them might inspire me to write on my own. :)
amarie@shiremail.com
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Vee

Reading Group Revisited

Post#7 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:09 pm

Sing me up too

Do you have a tune in mind?

We could form a choir...... sing me up as well, please.

:wiggle:

Vee

Reading Group Revisited

Post#8 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:58 pm

Me, feel bad? No way! I just love your typos.

Amarië

Reading Group Revisited

Post#9 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:00 pm

Well I sing a lot more than I write so it does fit. And it is good that people get to know in advance what kind of comment we can expect form you if we send in a piece we have written. :veryevil: Feeling bad yet Vee? ;)
"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Vee

Reading Group Revisited

Post#10 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:31 am

Hmmmm anyone reading this might get the wrong impression. Sorry - this is just the V_goddesses enjoying a little banter...... We love each other really. And for anyone concerned - I accept that English is not the first language for a lot of people here and I have incredible respect and admiration for those people. I am ashamed to say that like so many UKers I don't speak your languages as well as you speak mine. So please, don't let language put you off writing.

(But Amarie is still queen of typos........ hehehehehe!)

:wiggle:

Return to “Writers Guild”