Tengwar in LaTeX

Tengwar in LaTeX

Post#1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:28 pm

I have recently been thinking of writing a LaTeX font for Tengwar. This is just a non-serious spare-time project that I'll probably never even begin let alone produce anything useable. Any thoughts? Do these message boards support LaTeX? Do we have a Planet-Tolkien Standard Tengwar mode for English? If others are interested in such a standardization, then I could make a suggestion, but I will need to figure out a good way to present the rules. For instance, I have managed to decode the Tengwar script along the upper and lower inside cover borders of some of my books that seems relatively consistent (and I even noticed a very similar mode being used by a local artisan at the Texas Rennaisance Festival a few years ago).

Tengwar in LaTeX

Post#2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:01 pm

:D "he/turinturumart seemeth elvish by his countenance." _chaucer
but i like...

Tengwar in LaTeX

Post#3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:48 pm

:moderator: This is another of those threads that no one answered because it didn't show up in the main menu until it finally received its second post, quite belatedly I might add. :orcsad:

Remember when you make a new thread that doesn't get answered or as soon as you make it, to add a follow on post to ensure the new thread shows up in the menus. :moderator:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “Writers Guild”