Little help from the community please?

TomBombadillo

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think it's a great idea! Not that you'll have much on me, my imagination is below zero lately, but I'm sure the others will come up with loads of great stuff. Imagine what Golly or Alyssa can do with this! :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Snape

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Great idea, ask Allyssa if she wants this moved to the Writters Guild.

Allyssa

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You mean like a story board? Yeah why not....I am up for any kind of creative writing, although humour is not always my strong point. ;) :D
"May the Angels Guide"

TomBombadillo

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think he means we all (or some of us) re-write a chapter from LOTR somehow (like he did with Khazad-dum) and then mail it to him or sth like that, so he can have a look at it, or change some things, and that way we can have our very own planet-tolkien spoof version of LOTR. I think that's what he means, though I'm not sure. Anyway, I think I'll try my hand at The Old Forest. Why not try, anyway... :elfwink:

Allyssa

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Can I do something with Elrond in it? :funnylaugh:
"May the Angels Guide"

PlasticSquirrel

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm having trouble explaining my grand vision, but yeah Tom's basically right, anyone can send me any chapter they want to have a bash at. Then I'll undertake the editing process, and stick them all together so they work as a whole.
To start with, I only want Fotr chapters until December, then you can add TTT chapters, as I want good film crossover jokes in there.
Eventually, I hope to have a grand creation the like of which has never been seen on the net before, and will make Taz proud to have met us. The first ever complete re-writing of the Lord of the Rings, done by the Tolkienfan.net community. Put us right on the map I should say. Who wants to do the appendices? ;)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'll stick to the Old Forest. I'll work on it again today. Have about two pages already. I'll mail it to ya, Plastic, when I'm done, ok? :D

PlasticSquirrel

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nice one Tommy. I couldn't think of too many jokes for that one, apart from the obvious Bombadil-dopehead jokes which have all been done to death already. Looking forward to it. (Btw people, we have 4 pages of Council of Elrond and as soon as I'm less preoccupied with other things, I'll get it done, honest).
Right, now who else is feeling funny?
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

chikakat

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hmm...I'll give it a shot (no guarantees on quality here though ;))...can I let you know when I figure what chapter I want to do?

Allyssa

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Who wants to do the appendices? ;)

Can I do the "Tale of Aragorn and Arwen"? :funnylaugh:
"May the Angels Guide"

Return to “Writers Guild”