The Gathering of Lost Spirits

alana

Post#1 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:42 am

Oerath, this is amazing stuff!...how do you come up with this ?...I am lost for words ( a first for me, as you probably noticed)...haha..

leelee

Post#2 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:58 pm

It IS amazing Alana, I am without words to describe the clash of emotions I felt as I read on. Fear and despair were a couple, and yet a deep determination that our hero should overcome and deal with all that horror somehow.

Your pen is smoking Oerath. Oh and I had an actual dream about you probably two months or so ago. I never ususally dream aboujt anyone I know and yet I knew it was you. You were dressed in the garb of Turin or someone like that and you were at some sort of dignified Middle Earth ball or something, it was after all a dream and hard to explain. And you bowed and danced with someone and it was so very moving and when I awoke I had tears on my face. It seemed so real and I remember thinking how you were made to walk Middle Earth. Just thought I would share.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#3 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:51 am

Okay, this is a gift to all of you here in Planet Tolkien, I'm going to begin writings of my book-project, and I'll post the parts of it unto this thread, as I succeed to write more. Some of the acts are not so long, but they should be able to tell enough. I didn't plan to do this, but I can assure you that I'm more than happy to share this story with all of you, since it's going to be my longest up to date. Let it be a masterpiece!

Enjoy!

Act I : The Creating of Netherworld

'And after the war had ended, three temples were built to honor the last creators of Netherworld. And these temples were named after three of the most powerful beings ever to live: Daernath of Crystal Rain, Caeron of Lost Stars and Thaeros of Timeless Moon. And these three beings were the last of those, who the mortals of this world used to call.. The Abyssal Lords.'

'But it hadn't always been that way.'

'Long ages ago, an unknown race found their way to a planet, which had no life upon it, and they decided to take the planet as their own. Their community was vast, and they all possessed different kind of powers, and had a very unusually long age, because they could live for thousands of years without aging at all. At first, they were called: 'The Lords of Nether', and they named the planet after themselves, and thus; The Netherworld was born.

'Their shared joy and peace lasted for many ages, but finally, a few of them decided to take the matters into their own hands, and all of the three took new names, and executed a plan that would drive all of the other Lords of Nether out of this world. And those three (Daernath, Caeron and Thaeros), they came to be known as: 'The Abyssal Lords.'

'And in all secret, those three developed weapons of great power, and learned new abilities and a way to control the energies of the abyss that surrounds The Netherworld. And not long after that, the great war began. The Abyssal Lords gained many servants and former Lords of Nether to fight by their side, but the original Lords of Nether were also very powerful, and they didn't want to leave without a fight. But after endless clashes between them and their servants, only thirty Lords of Nether remained, and they had to surrender and leave The Netherworld, and if they ever should return back, they would be shown no mercy.

After the war ended, they assured to their servants and to the other beings of The Netherworld, that they would rule wisely and peacefully, but like every snake, all of the three lied. Even though they continued to shape new lands and races from the elements of nature, their souls had been corrupted by the dark energies of The Abyss, and only time would show their true nature for all the dwellers in The Netherworld to see. They even built great temples, so everyone could go there to worship them, but those temples weren't designed to be sanctuaries or any of that matter..

They were created to be the final resting places for those, who decided to follow The Abyssal Lords..'

'But many of us still believe that one day the remaining Lords of Nether will return to claim back their planet, and only then this world will see it's final age.. The Age of Everlasting Peace.. But none knows if that day will arrive or not.'

Act II :  The Story of The High Priest of Daernath

Spoken by the shadow of a priest:

'Listen to the wind, my child, it wants us to find something..

Something that has been lost for over a thousand years..

Yes.. It used to be a temple.. Hidden from the eyes of mortals..

It always rained.. And sun never shone through those thick, dark blue clouds..

That darkness.. It frightened us.. And one day.. We all abandoned the temple..

But we lost something.. Something very important and precious..

We tried to unlock the secrets of crystal rain, but we all failed..

We tried to find the idol of timeless moon, but instead of finding it..'

We lost.. Ourselves..'

'But.. These three temples were abandoned and after hundreds of years had passed beyond the walls of time, none remembered the locations of them.. Save one.'

'We all used to wear the dark robes of whispering winds.. Yes.. They gave us will to sacrifice.. For more power.. We served Daernath.. He sent us to protect his temple.. He told us to steal the idol of timeless moon.. But we all failed.. And despite our failure, he told us that our lives would be spared.. But he lied.. And he ripped the souls from our bodies.. And devoured them with fury.. And after that, we had no choice, but to obey him.. No own will.. Eternal torment.. He ordered us to spend the rest of our lives inside the temple of crystal rain.. And he cursed us.. If we would ever try to escape.. Insanity would kill us.. Haunting shadows.. Beings without a name.. He had a secret.. But none of us knew it.. All of the other priests are now dead.. I've survived as a spiritual entity.. And now The Abyssal Lords exist no more, but the sources of their powers still do exist..'

'The Three Temples of Infinity..'

Act III : Death was his freedom

Our days were so cold.. Our bodies so weak and old..

No matter how many times we tried to escape.. Those shadows wouldn't let us to leave..

Their screams made our eyes to bleed.. Their whispers were more worse than any of our fears..

We found Daernath's mirror.. But I lost my eyes, when I looked at it.. It blinded us all..

Darkness took hold of our minds.. We tried to escape.. But there was no way out.. No doors to open..

Only broken glass.. And blood.. I died by the hand of one of our priests.. But I didn't die.. No..

I found a way to release my spirit..

I remembered that I had a child.. But she died too..

So, I resurrected her spirit.. And gave her a new form..

She told me that she wanted to defend this world from the powers of darkness.. She wanted to become a god..

And I wanted to grant her that wish.. So, I took her to The Temple of Lost Stars..

There the maiden of timeless moon helped her to fall into eternal sleep, and in time, she would be powerful enough to challenge the lady of shadows herself.. But before that day, she would've to reach a state, where her mind is linked with the natural energies of this world, and after that, those energies should heal all of her wounds, strengthen her senses and will, and give her nearly all of the powers of The Lords of Nether..

I never truly trusted any of the three lords, but Thaeros was the only one of them, who didn't want to harm any mortals, and thus, he left his most trusted servant to protect The Temple of Lost Stars.. Everlyn, The Maiden of Timeless Moon.. And as the former servant of Daernath, I asked her to forget her oath, and I told her the truth about The Abyssal Lords, and she decided to help us, and she also promised that if anyone else should come to seek her out, she'd gladly offer her help.

So, I left her there, and she cloaked a large part of this world as she fell asleep, and by doing so, she could stay hidden from the eyes of the lady of shadows.

I decided that I'd find The Temple of Crystal Rain..  And If I could gain Daernath's powers, I would be able to defeat his servants.. They're shadowy creatures, and wherever they roam, it always rains, and the air is too cold for any living being to breath..

But if she awakes before I complete my task, I may not be able to help her..

So, I must hurry before it's too late..

To be continued..

Written by: Otto 'Oerath' Timonen

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

LadyAlyss

Post#4 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:53 am

wow! i almost always get emotional due to dreams too. do you think it's normal... smashing story Oerath, where do you get your ideas from?????

Oerath Windsoul

Post#5 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 am

Oh thank you very much, both of you! :)

I'm very glad that it was readable, and I'm going to write next three acts as soon as possible.

I'll begin to write tonight, and I hope I can finish those three parts until this week is over.

Be seeing ya!

LadyAlyss

Post#6 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:37 am

can't wait to read the rest! i myself write stories as a hobby but im not sure whether there good or whether they make sense!!

Oerath Windsoul

Post#7 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:10 am

Dreams are the veil of very life, LadyAlyss. Dreams are like gateways that leads us as individuals into our own secret and unknown dimensions. So many doors to open, yet so few dare to try. :)

Philosophy in some ways, anyway, I cannot really tell what are the true sources of my inspiration, but music has a very strong effect on what I write. But, darkness is the only thing that can boost my imagination to unseen heights. When I write, I usually do it without any kind of light in my room, atmosphere is very much needed in the work of a writer.

Emotional music, darkness, light, nature, all of the mentioned are very important.

I must say that I am very moved that this piece of story has gained so much positive critic.

I am not bestly suited to be an official writer, so I always doubt my own skills. :)

And @Leelee: I am really speechless. Did you really saw such a dream? There I danced and smiled, brought dead flowers and trees back to life, and jumped into the stream of a river to gain the form of a giant fish? :)

'And so he raised his hands into the air, glanced at the sun, waiting for it to give him a sign, and then the sun smiled from high above, and at that moment, winds calmed down and even though a small breeze blew past him, he knew that it was about time to change shape. And as a great and black crow, he took flight, spreaded his long and dark wings, and began to fly towards the heights of the cloudless sky. And smiling from high above the limits of the sky, he said to himself: Let it rain and pour, hear the nature's call, and let it purify your spirit, and may it give you the strength to go on, if you're about to fly more higher and far.'

I am so thankful for such kind words that I decided to write this short writing for you to read. :)

- Oerath.

odette

Post#8 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:07 am

Oerath:I am speechless.In a way it has a very Oriental touch.It reminded me of The Silmarillion along with bits of Avatar.You know after your done writing this,I think you should make this into a picture book.

Like 300.This is too good stuff and thanks for sharing with us.Awaiting more with bated breath.

And all of you..Leels,Alana,and others in this thread..a big HOLA:)

Oerath Windsoul

Post#9 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:11 am

@ Odette, it's good to see you around! And by the way, I just noticed your message, and I'll reply to it as soon as possible. I also have a few more news: I am going to write more parts to my story tonight, and continue it by tomorrow, but when the mighty monday finally arrives, I've to start out with my 'summer job', which will last for over two months, so, I won't be here all the time, but I try to come here as often as possible.

Cheers and have a good day. - Oerath.

@ Odette; I am really glad even you liked of it, and I'll assure you that I won't drop out this project. :)

So, many thanks to you too, my dear friend, and may we see on fb during the near days.

leelee

Post#10 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 am

You GO boy. Terrific!  And hugs to the rest of you, how I wish we could meet over lunch and just share. sigh..........

Return to “Writers Guild”