Do you have a poem to share? - Undale (ALL POEMS HERE, PLEASE)

estel

Post#201 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 am

Thank you Odette!!!!!

estel

Post#202 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:49 pm

That was absolutely beautiful Oerath, it brought tears to my eyes

Bravo

leelee

Post#203 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Oerath, that is the second time in five minutes you made me weep.  Beautiful and you are so right about being careful with our footsteps.

Estelle, I agree with Odette, how absolutely vivid and haunting were those words. You deserved to win!

Odette, like a prospective father, pacing back and forth as he waits, having been shooed away by the midwives, I wait impatiently for another of your spun gold works of art.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#204 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:07 am

I liked of your poem, Estel, it had a good feel to it, and I think you should write more stuff like that, it's always a joy to see works like that one. Also, I'd like to leave my thanks to both of you, Estel and Leelee, I didn't know did I do a good job on that lyric, 'cause I never have much time to read my works by myself, until I by chance happen to pick up a file and read it through + correct the possible spelling mistakes.

Also, Odette has been quite silent lately, I would love to see and also read more of her poems!

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

odette

Post#205 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:23 am

What is the thought behind Rainbow of my dreams,Oerath?It is so well written...bravo.It reminded me of Boromir,but then he was already dead.Is the rainbow the gateway to heaven?

Oerath Windsoul

Post#206 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:48 am

I'm not sure by myself either, Odette, but it isn't really a gateway to heaven, I think.

But as I've told that I'm not even sure by myself, how my mind works, so it's rather hard to say what are the sources of inspiration for most of my writings, usually I draw inspiration purely from nature itself, or from the depths of my own mind; a lot of memories exists there, and sometimes even randomly thinking of some event of past makes me to feel like 'Yes, it is a time to write something.'

But the sentence: Where is the rainbow of my dreams points to the dreamworld, where the character himself wishes to see a rainbow in real life, but it also points to the fact that his dream is to see a rainbow, and since rainbows are true masterpieces of the mother earth, there's yet again a clear reference to my source of inspiration. Nature. :)

odette

Post#207 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:36 am

Sorry it got long.Actually I just started writing what I was feeling then I thought about how Lee(2) wanted us to write about our characters ,making it Middle-earthsy:) so I just went along and it became the length of an anaconda.

My charater is a Rohirrim,neither exiled nor war weary though.A wanderer,a possible philosopher,brooding and deep yet nurturing a very shallow want to belong even if it's standing at a distance watching an open door beaming out fire light.But she is in her elements once she is alone and facing life,so she will never be bound to any place or anyone.The wild calls to her.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#208 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:41 am

Well, Odette, that was very characteristic and a good piece of work too.

I've some great news, I got a lot of new inspiration today, and I began to write a story, which contains two tales that are entwined together in a good way, it also has some short poetic verses, it'll be parted to certain acts and there's clear singing parts along the way, it'll be called: 'The Hidden Waterfall of Weadóran'. I'll finish it by tomorrow.

fjorgyn

Post#209 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Brother Wolf

The wolf is small, barely more than a pup,

But as it stands outside my window it

Looks like a beast.

His fur is nearly white, his ears are perked,

His head is down.

He looks to be hunting

But he doesn't move.

The wolf raises his head, slow and calm,

And swings it around to meet my eyes

Through the window.

His eyes are strange, they're not yellow or brown,

But ocean green.

They hold my gaze steady

And he doesn't blink.

The wolf disappears, a ghost in the brush,

And the spell that it wove seems to melt

Into the trees.

“Fear not the wolf child, for he is your guide,

He is your guard.

He is a companion

Though he doesn't stay.”

Your thoughts are always appreciated!

leelee

Post#210 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:12 am

Oh my word, you are all unbelievable to me. I read your words over and over and over and I have to say that my mind runs and courses like the king of horses along the hills and valleys of my thought. I would like to see each of you give serious thought to cataloguing your works and doing something with them.

Your poem Odette gave me the distinct feel of  Unfinished tales, the wild wonder of it, the emotions, the stark reality that shoves aside hope and victory, but still presses on. Wonderful. And Oerth are you just a fountain or what, to come up with all that vibrant imagery in minutes, how you do that is beyond me. Estel, you break me in pieces at times. How much I look forward when I can get here to bring this thread up and study it. It is truly an adventure.

Thank you for explaining how you felt ,where you were in your mind as the character you have chosen. That kindles a fire for me in Middle-Earth and she comes alive and I can enjoy her again with all the passion I had in reading our dear JRR Tolkien.

Return to “Writers Guild”