Do you have a poem to share? - Undale (ALL POEMS HERE, PLEASE)

odette

Post#301 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:53 am

You have every right to spank me Leels but the thing is I'm not getting any time to write.As soon as I'm able I will post it here on your stellar thread:)

Oerath Windsoul

Post#302 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:53 pm

I really liked of that poem, and well, you've told me earlier that your family is quite musical, and the amount of instruments is impressive, and even a small studio. I do not have that much money to spend on gear, but one day I definitely will. Now I just have to rely on my father's good friend's (my godfather's help), he has some studio gear and equipments, and he knows a lot about production. So, when I'll find the last two band member's to aid me in my quest, I'll begin to practise the four planned songs, that I'll record before summer. And with my good amount of vocals, I am planning to record one faster track, a mid-tempo track, one epic track and a ballad. Vocals will go from my well known harsh/guttural vocals & scandinavian style screeching/screams to high pitched screams and clean power metal singing. :) (though I will keep the status of my most blackened vocals as low as possible.)

Also, I wrote this a few days ago, and now I completed it, and I'm quite satisfied with this lyric. It's still fantasy fueled, but something more than just that.

I hope you'll all enjoy of it, I also did put some of my emotions and joy into that lyric, so it's maybe something you've been waiting for from me.

The Broken, The Poor and The Blind

I went outside, and then I saw the moon, it shone so brightly

and as it smiled to me, it gave a part of it's own radiating light

to the glimmering stars that were shining high above.

And at that moment, I remembered the events of my tragic past

and no matter how I tried to forget, I just couldn't..

let those memories to fade away from my mind.

I tried to forget the day, when I abandoned the realm of light.

So I walked to a nearby forest, and sought out the sanctuary of dreams

and then I called out for the spirits of nature, they could help me to find my lost inner peace.

And as I looked up to the sky, far beyond all of those high pine trees

clouds were floating above, wind calmed down, and then arrived that strange mist.

And soon very familiar pictures began to form from those clouds, and it all reminded me of day,

when I decided to run away.

And soon I saw a clear vision inside my mind, and I felt how it took a hold of me, and so it returned me back to that day..

When..

I feared for the one, who lost his heart and his beloved

I feared for the one, who lost his crown and his throne

and even though their fates are so dim, I still have to follow them

'cause in the end, our paths aren't so different.

And they both are my friends, so I just cannot let them to die

and as long as the great silver moon shines, there may still be enough hope.. For the broken, the poor and the blind.

'I caused my own miserable fate, when I decided to be blind, and when I decided to run away. And after that, I became a exiled hermit without any friends, or a place where to stay. And I owe my life to those two, who shared my grief and pain, they understood my feelings, and they taught me how to dream all of the nightmares of life away. And they also taught me to be strong, and to help others if they are in need of aid. And that's how I'll always remember them, and every morning, I speak my prayers to them, 'cause they taught me to smile at the light of every day.'

And so that vision disappeared, and together with all of those clouds, it faded away from sight of my eyes, and I decided to head back to my home.

And even though past is past, we three are still good friends

we're still the broken, the poor and the blind.

And maybe one day, they'll both find what they're looking for

'cause I cannot even remember anymore, what I truly left behind.

Was it just a short moment of joy, or was it a great gift from my ancestors, or perhaps even something much more.. who knows.

But now it's time to lay down on the wet grass of evening.

'I feel remorse for the deeds of my past, and I'm glad that the spirits of nature still want to help me, but I don't know can I be a servant of light anymore..'

But now it's time to look at the stars, I want to see the great silver moon.

I'll always be grateful to it, because it helped me to remember

what is friendship, and what is that small, but delightful joy

when you can smile, as you enter through that same old and grey door..

Of your silent, but happy life..

Written by: Otto 'Oerath' Timonen

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

leelee

Post#303 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Dear Odette, I should not think of spanking anyone! Yikes. . You are WELL  worth waiting for dear.

Oh never leave the realm of light dear Oerath, What poignant thought, what deep thought. And we all create in many ways our own misery, don't you think?

I should like to throw out a palantir to each of you, and please if you don't think you can catch it, by all means move and duck! These are palantir formerly unheard of, no one in recent memory knowing of their existance. Each of you , when you have the time, are encouraged to take heart now that the eye has passed on, to look and see and share what knowledge and thought has been imparted to you . I would be so very interested to learn through you.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#304 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:45 pm

I assume that you liked of my writing, Leelee, and by the way, it has been awfully silent here, I've also been a bit busy with this and that, but starting from monday, I can be seen on some other threads too. :)

It's a promise.

And well, the light and the darkness, two main paths to choose. The unending battle between good and evil will always go on in my world of fantasy, 'cause so it has always been, and so it should be. In Arcadian, servants of light are students or followers of Xathor the Lightbringer (he's first and oldest of Oerath's apprentices, and his most trusted friend, Xathor also serves The Mother Earth), and as it has been told, together they fight against Mógrah, The Dark One, his right hand, Vordrém the Blackheart, and against their servants. In Arcadian, light is the source of life, purity and peace, and darkness is the source of death, evil and destruction.

Light and Darkness, those two things alone are the key elements of pure fantasy.

Now, something to enlighten this night.

Sing with me, trees, rivers, flowers and birds

and together we shall sing a song to the heart of this world.

Brightly it burns, but it joys to hear our words

it knows that we mean no harm, our song is not a curse.

Oh, a journeyman wanders forward in the woods

he's seeking for something, something that he lost in the days of past.

And as our song reaches his ears, he begins to run towards the sound

soon he'll arrive, and as long as the sun will shine, so long this song will last.

A young dragon flies high up in the sky, it has lost it's way

but soon there'll be no more grief, as we finally manage to save it's day.

Sing louder, my friends, let our voices reach far beyond the end of the sky

if we're able to do so, we can joy once more, when this dragon finally arrives.

And so it heard out cries, and soared down from the skies

and now we're all here, under this sky so white and clear

One heard us from the depths of this world, one heard us from the long forgotten woods

and one heard us from the heights of our sky, and if we now sing together, our voice will be..

as strong and loud as the eagle's cry!

leelee

Post#305 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:46 pm

I love the thought of the rivers flowers trees and birds singing with you, it is so comforting and rather Tom Bombadilish don't you think? :}

So you are on other threads, I will try to come and visit. I am so new at this taking care of threads thingy that I tend to hover here. I am rather like a homing pigeon.

That poem gave me a  strange feeling, it really touched some part of me deeply. I shall stop at that before I get all teary and mushy. well done dear friend.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#306 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:18 am

I'm glad you liked of it, and yeah, heh, Tom Bombadil is one of the most unique persons you would imagine to cross paths with while walking in a nearby forest, but well, it was a short poem, shorter than most of my writings, but it was very lyrical, I just wrote and figured out good ways to end and continue sentences to form a four-part poem, and oh, I forgot to mention the entitle of that short, but joyful piece of text.

'If we now sing together' - which is mentioned near the end.

Also, the lyric points to a familiar and nearly forgotten/ancient moment in the depths of silent and green woods, where Oerath stands together with many of his friends, and they call out for the very heart of world, they shout to a wanderer, and asks him to sing with them, and then they sing to the heights of sky to ease the thoughts of a dragon, and so that dragon happily flies down, joins them, and together they sing, so their voice would be as mighty as the cry of an eagle.  I hope this doesn't sound too ridiculous, but at times I wonder that how I get all of the ideas for these lyrics/poems and stories, but in the end it doesn't matter. This is how it should be.

Have a nice day!

Oerath Windsoul

Post#307 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 am

This thread has become the existence of undying silence.

Time to unleash the wave of inspiration.

Someone has to raise his both hands up high, higher than clouds or the grey sky. Even though it's misty, and the sun is cold, my heart still seeks for adventures, it's more than just bold. Dragons, warriors, magic spells and swords of strong steel. Warlords, kings, wizards and a handful of drunken men who are like savage beasts.

Raise your pint, drop it if you think it's a sin, or drink it with delight or misery, either way, it's an epic victory.

And here's a lyric, I wrote this bit over a year ago, so it's quite fresh.

Enjoy, my friends.

PS. War is one of my themes, certainly, and this is something like a memorial song. Requiem of the Fallen is also name of one of my two music projects. :)

Requiem of the Fallen

A time has come to honor the spirits of our ancestors

with blood and glory, they ensured the safety of this world

They sacrificed themselves, so we would live to see the sun once more

and by remembering them and their deeds, they will always grant us a new dawn

Requiem of the fallen ones, song of the brave warriors

who died in the great and ancient wars

Like a river that flows through forests and lands so beautiful, but unknown

they'll always be there to guide us through every night and storm

All of them chose the path they wanted to walk

and deep inside our hearts we know that the same choice lies ahead of us

There's nothing glorious in war, but if we fight for freedom and for a good cause

then there's certainly something worth of fighting for

Requiem of the fallen ones, song of the brave warriors

who died in the great and ancient wars

Like a river that flows through forests and lands so beautiful, but unknown

they'll always be there to guide us through every night and storm

Like a silver leaf, which has fallen from the highest of all trees

it wants to be found, it doesn't want to wither in the cold and rainy ground

Like a little bird, which has fallen silently down from the sky to embrace of earth

there it lies, with it's both wings being broken, but it's not afraid to die

Every being that lives in this world, has it's part in every story of our times

And when we finally stand at the end's door, we'll all be ready to give our lifes..

For freedom, honor and pride

'A silver leaf has no meaning to most of us, but still, it doesn't want to fall down from the sky, and that is the difference between it and that little bird, which boldly chose to die.'

leelee

Post#308 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 am

Ah, dear girl, how absolutely refreshing and lovely. I , with your permission am going to print that out and put it on my wall to remind me to get out there. I love the feeling, indeed , I can feel the air and smell the fresh intoxicating air you are describing. Thank you so very much.

Sam's Lament

I am Samwise,

simple Hobbit from a simple place.

The Shire is my home, my dream,my sustenance,

and here I wanted to stay.

And I didn't, if you take my meaning;

For Elven Lore and Elven ways have always called me.

So far away and mysterious and so high above us Hobbits.

Not our world of toiling in the soil, eating and drinking and marrying

with simple abandon.

Silver and tinkling and wondrous things wrought by the smiths,

all magical and delightful and that is no lie.

I am Sam and I was living and dreaming of Rosie and gardening

quietly and without hurry.

Then Master Frodo was given That Thing, that accursed Ring

and I went with him on his journey.

Oh that the Gaffer could have been in my place one day,

there would be respect given me his son if you take my meaning.

A nightmare we walked through and that is the truth, a nightmare not to be

spoken of even in the glare of the Shire sun.

To our last breath we went on and finally the Stinker brought things to a close.

And oh the glory of it, the downfall of the Enemy, oh the joy.

In time after bowing to king Elessar, old Strider I distrusted,

and having partaken of the magic of a wedding of elf and man,

We came HOME> Shire home , and I was glad.

There was Rosie and the good earth and the beauty of the Shire,

and Master Frodo to talk things over with of an evening before the Fire.

But our peace was broken, for deep in both of us was the call of the Elves.

Frodo left first and I thought I would die, it was that terrible to see him sail into the West.

But there was Rosie and the children, strawberries and cream in season and Pip and Merry and LIFE.

I am Samwise and I am on an Elven ship, I cannot believe it. My heart feels torn, but I know all I have left will go on and live and laugh.

Wait for me Master Frodo. Wait and live and breathe and take me into your embrace when my feet come to that Silver Shore.

odette

Post#309 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 am

Thanks Leels.

I just loved Sam's lament.That dear hobbit has huge respect from me but he cannot always be torn in two.Sad business seeing a best friend leaving forever,alive and well too.Life goes on though.Beautiful write Leels as always:)

Oerath Windsoul

Post#310 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:02 am

So you two decided to stumble upon this thread once more, it seems. :)

Anyway, good text as usually, and by the way, this is quite off-topic, but my voice is finally fully healed, and I feel that it even sounds slightly better than it did before the surgery, which is a very good thing.

And I'd like to ask that did you two like of the lyric I posted some days ago?

And I'll be here again, when the night falls, so if you're online, come to normal chat or the prancing pony.

- Oerath.

Return to “Writers Guild”