Do you have a poem to share? - Undale (ALL POEMS HERE, PLEASE)

fahvier

Post#601 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:41 am

Leelee - You give much praise, and I thank you for it. I have some time to sit and rest now, I will try to write more indeed... It is a joy to hear your opinion and read the creations of all the others. 

Oerath- They poem of Hercules kept me glued to the screen, wishing there was more at the end. Making a poem fantasized does not always mean it is cheesy. It was a joy to read, and brought me back to my early childhood... If more of your pieces are like this, bring the cheesy on!;) Though the dark aspect of your other pieces is always greatly enjoyed.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#602 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 pm

LadyAlyss: That was a very good read. I enjoyed of it in many ways. Good use of words and your poems seem to follow a certain style, which is good for a writer/poet to obtain. Well done. /points from Oerath.

And Fahvier, I'm glad to see you're back once more, and if you just find more time, please do pass by and share more of your poems. I've enjoyed to read them, and even if it's random, it can be magnificent, and in this case: it definitely is!

Good lines and it kept me interested during the whole read. /another points from Oerath. ^^

And Leelee: The series isn't that old! 16-17 years. ;)

It's full of good actors and very pretty actresses, if I dare say.

By the way, my next poem shall return me back to the darkest depths of my mind.

Usually I think about entitles too much, but one day, I was listening to my favorite music: metal, and this sentence struck at me like a bolt of thunder:

'Born To Forget The Meaning of Life'

It will be dark and mysterious, but I still doubt I can top my 'Dream is a path that you must walk'

I'm off now, so good night. :)

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

leelee

Post#603 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Brrrrrrrrrrrr, shiver, this one rather scared me. I hope I won't have a night mare.!

brego

Post#604 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Wonderful Master Windsoul!

Oerath Windsoul

Post#605 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 am

I just realized that why I shouldn't write that piece right now. I did some first-hand sentences a day or two ago, so I see no reason 'why'.

Here I go.

Born To Forget The Meaning of Life

As cold and still as a winter morning.. There she stands all alone..

A dead smile on her face.. Stains of blood all over her white clothes..

What is her name.. Who this woman truly is..

A forgotten ghost.. Or a daughter of the shadow and the mist..

I see a wall of abandoned faces.. Their cries of anguish cannot be heard..

Who could've done such a thing.. A mortal soul should be spared from the hands of death..

I wonder if she knows about the fates of these men.. I believe it is my destiny to follow her..

This night is colder than the bones under my feet..  But this darkness.. It is more than a relief..

These trails of blood.. Does she have to bleed..

Is she a daughter of some unknown god.. If so, I cannot let her to be free..

Maybe it befalls to me to use this sword that I am holding in my hands.. It may be true..

I do not believe in the gifts of this world.. This flesh won't hold me..

I do not believe in the prophecy of a blackened moon..

And there she stands.. That same empty smile on her face.. Holding a broken wand..

I can see grief and hopelessness in her grey eyes.. Even her shadow has a story to tell..

If she has never lived a mortal life, I believe that she cannot even die..

If so, then who I am to judge the deeds of her past, if she was born to forget the meaning of life..

If I knew her by name, then it may be that I am now lost..

If night has already taken my soul, then I cannot trust this vision anymore..

But it feels so real, more than ever, and my heart tells me to not open my eyes..

If I do so, will I become one with her uncontrollable and shivering cries..

I may have no will, but I still feel the presence of fear and chaos..

Why her dress is covered in blood.. What she has done? Or is she dead?

I do not desire to go any closer.. She tells me not to.. She speaks to me through my mind..

She tells me to seek for a cathedral of frozen beauty.. She speaks of a eye of snake..

If she lied to me, then I hope that this walk will become my last..

I've no desire to live in the eye of this vision.. It is like collecting shards of a broken glass..

As I thought.. The temple is real, but I can see only darkness before me..

So, it has finally become true.. A thought of losing a soul for eternity..

Written by: Otto 'Oerath Windsoul' Timonen

fahvier

Post#606 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:30 am

You really out did yourself there Oerath! My hands are still shaking... Great piece! 

Oerath Windsoul

Post#607 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 am

Wow, I really mean it, I didn't expect that this piece of work would turn out to be something extraordinary. It's surely a little bit scary. A bit shady overall.

So, as strange as it goes, do you fellows wish to read more works in the same vein? ;)

fahvier

Post#608 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:44 pm

As many as you give us:)

leelee

Post#609 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 pm

I  don't wish to give advice, this thread is not for that, but I would urge you not to write a single thing based on what we like or dislike dear Oerath. Whatever touches one's heart, whatever matters, that should be the subject of one's writing unless you are forced to write other for pay or something. Writing upon demand as it were seems rather mercenary and perhaps then the poems will be a bit contrived instead of flowing unimpeded from the heart and mind as these inspirations come.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#610 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Well, Leelee, that is one way to look at it, but I've no struggles with writing something that someone else asked me to write. I often write some short poems to my friends, if they ask me to do so.

I guess you could call it 'mercenary writing'.

I don't accept requests that much, only on certain occasions, and even if the idea is not mine, I always deliver it with style.

So, thanks for the advice, Leelee. I always heed it, but in this case, let me say that the inspiration is not a problem.

I've even thought of offering my services as a lyricist to some bands. :)

Return to “Writers Guild”