Do you have a poem to share? - Undale (ALL POEMS HERE, PLEASE)

fahvier

Post#651 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Wenlesael- Welcome to the thread! I very much enjoyed reading your poems. They all flowed freely off the tongue in an elegant manner. Well done.   

Oerath Windsoul

Post#652 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:39 am

Just when you had to mention about it. :)

By the way, what you said about creating a world of my own. I have kind of done that already. The Realm of Arcadian, remember?

I could always continue that, or go back to one of my other projects. I've had many plans and ideas, but some of them weren't meant to become anything serious.

I think I will search up for my old Arcadian related works and stories, and begin to wonder how I will continue it.

I will write some follow-up to Journey today. A larger update.

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

Wenlesael Isil

Post#653 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:40 am

Leelee, I am reading things like Ivanhoe, the Scarlet Pimpernel, the Three Musketeers, and others such as these.....many more! Your encouragement and flattering is more than I can take! I am literally jumping in excitement! My love for writing has flared violently, since you talked with me! Is it all right if I get you email address, I am writing a longer story and maybe you can help me with it..... !!

Oerath, thanks anyway. Your poems are great. I will be working on a Tolkien related one to post here soon.

leelee

Post#654 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 pm

I remember Oerath, that was awesome. Go to it my man, go to it!.Actually I don't know how on earth you find any time to come here, your life is tres busy.

Wen, I knew it had to be that type of books, the Ivanhoe especially calls to me , you have the sound of one who has been into that sort of books. You have rightly captured the essence of the time and the chivalry involved. I would urge you to do your homework though. Watch some old episodes of Cadfael, about a Benedictine Monk of the twelfth century  who after forty years in the world, including as a soldier in the holy land during the first Crusade and as a seaman, herbalist, becomes a monk. The author, actually a woman and a scholar made sure just everything was accurate, some of the people in the Abbey were actual people. And just watch how she crafts her stories from beginning to end. It is a real education.

And about the email, I would need to speak to our Taz. For it is a serious thing to exchange emails , we don't in fact actually know who each other on this site are, only what the other tells us. And you my gallant Wen, are a minor. If you Taz or Am or Fen or  Loss or Vir or any of the council could tell me the rules if any, i am too new in the council, please do .

Oerath Windsoul

Post#655 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Yeah, well I am not so busy, but working daily from monday to friday adds more bits to my usual tiredness.

I just cannot help it, my sleep rhythm is really what it is. ^^

Now having said that about Arcadian stuff, I shall get back to it, but not immediately. I have that grand poem under works now.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#656 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Good day, my friends. I decided to inform you that I've now began my work on that grand poem, and as I said, it includes three parts; three different poems, short or long, they shall act as one.

Here's some details.

It will be a poetic story about a woman, who abandoned her home and fought her way through all dangers and threats, then fell in love with a noble king, became a queen, and then sacrificed herself for the sake of the kingdom. But in death, she was rewarded for her deeds of heroism and faith, and the judge of spirits sent her back, and dressed in white and blue clothes, she returned as a mortal, and all of her people knelt before her, and began to cry in front of her beauty. Thus, a legend was born:

The Queen of White Sorrow and Frozen Tears.

Today I will only post my next chapter of 'The Secret of Three Graves', if possible.

And during next week, I will solely focus on that poem. It will be a grand tale!

When it's all done, I will post it as a journal and as a divided one (in three parts, of course) unto this thread. :)

Now, have a good day, all of you.

Edit: I've barely had access to internet, again. I've managed to log in every now and then, but the whole thing is very unstable. I've been dotting some material into notebook, but it's not complete.

I am sorry for all the delay and stuff. I will strive to post the new chapter by tomorrow, now I just have to keep writing. I just got disconnected again, but for now, I'm online, so I can finally post this update.

LadyAlyss

Post#657 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 pm

my poem about prejudice

Different 

I am alone in the dark

No-one to guide me, no-one to care.

I feel broken inside,

I'm incomplete in life.

No matter where I turn

Scorn chases me away.

I am who I am,

I didn't make myself so.

You never gave me a chance,

Instead you looked then turned.

But I am human just like you

I look different, nothing more.

But you judge by look,

You do not think of me

And so I am alone

So alone due to you.

It isn't my fault

I was made as such,

Different on out, same within.

I do not laugh, I only cry.

Difference is bad

Difference causes pain,

People do not think,

That I feel like you.

I do not look the same,

So you just condemn me,

To a life alone,

With no-one to turn to,

Just fate and tears...

Lady Alyss

Oerath Windsoul

Post#658 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Oh LadyAlyss, you really do have something that I really like of, I always sing your efforts as I read them through. Enough convincing?

You're good at what you do. :)

@ Leelee: My deepest sympathies goes out to you, Elder Leelee. You're a kind soul, a soul unlike any other. And you're the keeper of this thread. Be well and let us hope that everything will be alright.

fahvier

Post#659 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am

I am having a difficult time trying to express what I meant in this poem. The best possible way to describe the 'message' is the want to give up but the will to go forward through everything. I didn't want to give the wrong impression, so I thought I would clear that up just in case. Hope you enjoy. 

A tear sifts over the pastel face,

Stained in mourn of those, the lost. 

The road to death is not a race, 

A path for those whose hearts cannot;    

Cannot contain the pain inside, 

Cannot remain in silent hide. 

Who are we to try compare. 

We cannot feel the hurt that’s theirs. 

The will to live, 

The want to die, 

Who are we to hold their lives. 

Take no more, the pain is great.

Shall we leave them now to only wait. 

To wait for those whose time has passed,

For time of theirs is passing still. 

But do they let their soul to rest?

Nay! Though pain is yet to fill. 

They walk past death,

Walk past the grave.

So take their hand and leave them safe. 

Walk beside If dark the day. 

Though Hades may yet bar the way.

Hold them if the lay to rest,

Wake them if theres nothing left.

Life is hurt, but death is more. 

The pain will fade,

The emptiness replaced,

Not in full, but just a breath, 

Until they see the open door...

Fahvier, 

LadyAlyss

Post#660 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 am

Brilliant Fahvier, your poem touches me deep inside. you have a true gift. 

Return to “Writers Guild”