Do you have a poem to share? - Undale (ALL POEMS HERE, PLEASE)

leelee

Post#701 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Lady, this meant much to me. Waiting day by day to see if my daughter will live or die has made me rather fragile and feel a wreck. This spoke to my heart and I am sorry for the loss of so dear a friend. A hug and prayer for you dear.

Gledon, I am a trifle confused, is this your work or were you sharing another's , I could not be sure. Whoever wrote it - it is lovely and deeply descriptive. And  since you are new here in our little corner of Middle-Earth I will tell you the one rule we have here. We never critique another's offerings, for here is a sanctuary where each of us can come and bare our souls as it were and try any sort of way to express that which lies deep in the unplumbed depths of our hearts and souls. Criticism here is something that chases away those who would timidly come forth and try their hand at poetry. But if something touches us we are free to praise and tell why we praise.

Ah our young friend Wen, so full of wisdom with words for one so new to the world. I have genuinely liked every single thing you have offered in every thread you offered it in. You seem to have a rare gift of being skilled and happily gifted in both prose and poetry and that is amazing. Remember to study others you appreciate and learn the rythmn of their works, study the flow and ebb and read on other cultures and countries in the time period you love and you will become like one who walked in their midst, a native of the place time and political climate and that will make your works magic and authentic. Wonderful. You know I have a dear friend in China, a professorial type who is also the most amazing artist and he tells fabulous stories of his childhood and the people around him with both written stories and his art work. His name is Wenzali but he is called Wen. It strikes me as wondrous that he is of a great age and you are a budding flower, both so talented and yet so different. Thank you, each of you for sharing and enriching this site.

leelee

Post#702 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Lady, this meant much to me. Waiting day by day to see if my daughter will live or die has made me rather fragile and feel a wreck. This spoke to my heart and I am sorry for the loss of so dear a friend. A hug and prayer for you dear.

Gledon, I am a trifle confused, is this your work or were you sharing another's , I could not be sure. Whoever wrote it - it is lovely and deeply descriptive. And  since you are new here in our little corner of Middle-Earth I will tell you the one rule we have here. We never critique another's offerings, for here is a sanctuary where each of us can come and bare our souls as it were and try any sort of way to express that which lies deep in the unplumbed depths of our hearts and souls. Criticism here is something that chases away those who would timidly come forth and try their hand at poetry. But if something touches us we are free to praise and tell why we praise.

Ah our young friend Wen, so full of wisdom with words for one so new to the world. I have genuinely liked every single thing you have offered in every thread you offered it in. You seem to have a rare gift of being skilled and happily gifted in both prose and poetry and that is amazing. Remember to study others you appreciate and learn the rythmn of their works, study the flow and ebb and read on other cultures and countries in the time period you love and you will become like one who walked in their midst, a native of the place time and political climate and that will make your works magic and authentic. Wonderful. You know I have a dear friend in China, a professorial type who is also the most amazing artist and he tells fabulous stories of his childhood and the people around him with both written stories and his art work. His name is Wenzali but he is called Wen. It strikes me as wondrous that he is of a great age and you are a budding flower, both so talented and yet so different. Thank you, each of you for sharing and enriching this site.

gledon

Post#703 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Yep, I wrote the Lay of Ending poem as part of a three novel series (featuring a female dwarf) called Helgori's Saga.  The character Nari, who in the story sings this song/poem, is a bard and a close friend of Helgori.  

Wenlesael Isil

Post#704 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Leelee, many thanks, I hope that this piece did not dampen spirits, but it was meant to focus on the importance of friends and the danger of loneliness. A new theme of mine. I hope to improve by studying more works by Renaissance artists. Yes, that is very interesting, though I am not Chinese, Canadian :)

Yours,

Wen

PS. I'm hoping that I will post another poem soon.....get ready for a new one!

Rukain

Post#705 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:25 am

A bit from one of my stories:

... It was here that, after much coaxing, Liah-Haarion set her golden lyre upon her knee, and began to play. Her fingers nimbly flitted across the strings, as if knitting the music that filled the air. As the beautiful, eerie notes swirled into the night sky with the curled smoke of the fire, Li began to sing:

Where there's long, dark shadows,

in the dark of night,

and the sky is burning

in the fading light,

Where the earth is silent,

Void of joy and pain,

Void of any feeling,

Void of sun and rain,

There is naught of shadow,

There is naught of light,

Only half exsistence

Between day and night,

There has been no war,

Yet there has been no peace,

Only long, thick silence,

that may never cease.

As the last note faded away, Kayitarien felt a sudden terror at the silence, the stillness of the night air. "It is the nightmare of my people," Li spoke in a soft, low voice, "And only a part. The song goes on, to describe the horror of silence. Not that which is temporary, that lasts moments, but the silence of forever, the nothingness that is nightmare."

Kay slept not that night, always deeply aware of the quiet of the nightime.

LadyAlyss

Post#706 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 pm

It seems you get better and better Oerath, you have gone way past brilliance. An amazing read.

leelee

Post#707 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Majestic Oerath .. Thank you..

Oerath Windsoul

Post#708 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:14 am

Not bad, not bad. Welcome Gledon and keep it going.

I'm not much for words this time, so I'll go straight to business and write something. It's been a rather busy week, or more like a sleepy week.

This may be one of my best ones in a while.

And when the oceans shall be freed..

Still, no leaves of life in sight..

But the sky is crystal clear, there the birds just sing and fly

I greet the morning rain, as it keeps pouring down from the heights

The return of spring is finally at hand, but will it be enough to break all of that ice..

Fortunately, the sun is shining so brightly today

I can feel it's warmth, even though it still rains

I can hear the roaring sounds of water, coming from under the ice

And if the winter finally surrenders, then it will mark the beginning of a new tide

We've all been waiting for a new sign of life..

I know a wanderer, who is very ill, there's no light left in his eyes..

But he wants to be there.. Where none else dares..

His last wish was to become one with the waves..

'Mourn my death some other day..'

Standing on the sunlit ice, a man cries out to the skies

He asks for the end of cold times, he wants to feel the breath of seas, before he dies

And in this time of need, we all have to hold on to our hopes and dreams

Any of those dreams can become real, pray to her, the mother earth has eyes and ears

And just like that man, here I stand, on the frosty shores, awaiting for a call of storms

And when I can hear it, I know that our lives have been redeemed

And when the oceans shall be freed.. I should be able to see the rainbow and the azure sky

And that wondrous sight alone can give.. Another silent reason to live this joyful, but short mortal life

'And always when it starts to rain, do not despair. Just close your eyes, feel it's magic and sing about those grey, but remarkable times. The rain is a gift from she, who walks the path of eternity and life.'

And there that man lies on the ice..

His heart no longer beats, he dreamed for one last time..

But when the oceans shall be freed from the chains of ice and grief

Those waves will carry him away to the outer seas..

To a place.. Where his true life finally begins..

Written by: Otto 'Oerath Windsoul' Timonen

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

Elbereth

Post#709 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 am

Hi! I have decided to try and let you read some of my poems. Well, I begin with this short one, I have translated it from Portuguese to English so let's see...

Goodbye

There is no greater silence than a broken heart

blood falls drop by drop

in an infinite weeping, without strength

and will fades already forgotten.

If people could learn to see,

they've could seen the face of despair;

someone walking, nonetheless there's no trace left behind.

Now he's just a memory,

but what will he become when nobody else remember about him?

Only a little bit of dust in a split jar,

floating in the air we can find his smile,

he flies high to reach eternity.

It's not that good... It's a difficult task to translate such things in English but I hope you get the message.

Elbereth

Post#710 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:53 am

Here is another one, this time the original was written in English so that will be better, you know I use to write in sevwral languages, it depends on the mood, it depends on the moment, it depends on whatever...

To give up

Silence died inside my throat

tired of looking for a voice

abandoned, it decided to give up.

In its place a continuous moan

speechless but it says everything of a heart

one of those that are broken.

Life, hate, pain, love killed it.

During the agony it realized

that bitter taste of the end was already known,

however death was warm

as the tears escaping from my eyes.