Feminism

Gandalfs Beard

Feminism

Post#101 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 am

Well, I do think that manners are chivalry in action, but I'll grant you that I'm just old fashioned enough that I put a little more effort into it for a Lady ;) .

GB

Odo Banks

Feminism

Post#102 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:14 am

Aha! Hidden beneath the Politically Correct Modern Feminist Man lies that Real Man that a Real Woman adores. Now where's that soapbox. Oh here it is. Hang on while...I...get...up...on...it. Ah! That's about right. Now....

GB, most women want their men to be men. It's a simple fact of life for most women. The women who don't want their men to be men want to be men themselves (or just don't like them, full stop). That's my experience.

If you narrow Feminism down to a fair go for all, and accept that promotion on merit is the best arrangement in business and life, then I myself am a Feminist.

Oh yes... and women who tell other women how they should behave in regard to men are usually bitter and twisted and unattractive (inside I mean - one must not judge the looks of others, because that would be wrong).

NB My wife is a professional woman who wears a dress, has doors held open for her, expects me to pull my weight with the kids and around the house, and takes no crap from anyone - but she remains a Lady through and through (except, of course, when the lights go out! :oops: :oops: ) Traditional male to female courtesies are just another form of intimacy at my house. (See John-Beren and Edith-Luthien for comparisons on this).

Noom Chevaline

Feminism

Post#103 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Odo Banks wrote:Aha! Hidden beneath the Politically Correct Modern Feminist Man lies that Real Man that a Real Woman adores. Now where's that soapbox. Oh here it is. Hang on while...I...get...up...on...it. Ah! That's about right. Now....

GB, most women want their men to be men. It's a simple fact of life for most women. The women who don't want their men to be men want to be men themselves (or just don't like them, full stop). That's my experience.

If you narrow Feminism down to a fair go for all, and accept that promotion on merit is the best arrangement in business and life, then I myself am a Feminist.

Oh yes... and women who tell other women how they should behave in regard to men are usually bitter and twisted and unattractive (inside I mean - one must not judge the looks of others, because that would be wrong).

NB My wife is a professional woman who wears a dress, has doors held open for her, expects me to pull my weight with the kids and around the house, and takes no crap from anyone - but she remains a Lady through and through (except, of course, when the lights go out! :oops: :oops: ) Traditional male to female courtesies are just another form of intimacy at my house. (See John-Beren and Edith-Luthien for comparisons on this).

I agree; the other day I met a man, I did not know what it was about him that made me dislike him so much. Turned out he was a she. A woman may look like a man but she can never have the heart of a man. Unless it is given to her.

pettytyrant101

Feminism

Post#104 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Or she just cuts one out herself!! :shock:

Gandalfs Beard

Feminism

Post#105 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Or unless she's a Tranny. :mrgreen:

GB

Odo Banks

Feminism

Post#106 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 pm

.. and there I was, just trying to have a respectable discussion... :roll:

Mirabella Banks

Feminism

Post#107 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:27 am

As to Men, I like them to be red blooded and hirsute, where possible.

Gandalfs Beard

Feminism

Post#108 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm pretty hairy. ;)

GB

Wenlesael Isil

Feminism

Post#109 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:52 am

Durin may not be around this thread anymore, but I sure want to comment o  his interesting statement about Good = Galadriel/Women and Evil = Sauron/Men. And that women are more favored than men are.

Okay, so this is an interesting thought. But I have to disagreements. Durin went all the way to The Big Boss Sauron on the evil side, but on the good side he stopped at Galadriel. He did not touch on the Valar. Sauron is more on a level with the Valar, than he is with the elves. I say that on the good side we have the Valar who are a mix of both genders: male and female. In that case Durin's idea does not work.

Now, the other problem I have with Durin's statement is that he says that, though he has little proof of it, he says Tolkien is in favor of women over men. First, how is that if most of his heroes are men? Second, yes, he does view women very highly and respects them very much, but WHERE does he hint that he favors them over men?

Just my views :) Looking forward to reviving this good debating thread....all friendly arguing!

Wen

Wenlesael Isil

Feminism

Post#110 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 am

By the way, the post that I am replying to is on the bottom of page one :)

Wen

Return to “The Author”