Atumn in the Wood

Halo_Black

Atumn in the Wood

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Halo smiled at the man "A king, eh? Can't say I've met many of those! I am Halo Black from Melnibone and I too search for treasure, though not to become a ruler. I can't say I've heard of Eriu though..."
Ja'rin Varr leaned on his axe handle and laughed again before speaking, his voice good natured and full of mirth "And I cannot say I have heard of Melnibone, though if all its people are like you then it suprises me. Tell me little one, do all the people of Melnibone bounce around like weasles on LSD?"
"No my friend," Halo shrugged "Most of my people are quite dull, very few have anything interesting about them."

Goldenberry scratched her head, trying to remember where she had heard the name Melnibone mentioned before. Elyde glanced at the hobbit and smiled reasuringly, then she marched up to Halo and Ja'rin Varr. Ja'rin towered over both Halo and Elyde, but Elyde didn't seem to bothered by this.
"You said you sought two treasures sir, perhaps we might help you find them." she said, peering up at the man.
Halo smiled at this. "Thats the best idea I've heard all day." suddenly she sighed, gloomily "Perhaps the treasure I seek is hidden somewhere with yours friend Ja'rin."

OOC: Coo! What a long post that was. :superwow: That hasn't happened for a long time. As for Melnibone; I couldn't think of a place for Halo to come from and I'm currently re-reading my Elric books, so it seemed fitting. Even though Melnibone isn't in Middle Earth. :( nn[Edited on 7/10pm03/1984 by Halo_Black]

Delidia

Atumn in the Wood

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Lol. Yes, welcome, PirateTrees!!

Elyde whistled as she walked along the forest path, her fathers cloak pulled tight around her in the cold. Her sword was strapped to her waist and an arrow taken from its quiver was being twirled in her long fingered hand. She heard footsteps and stopped, ceasing the twirling and the whistling and pulling up her hood. A man walked out of the thick trees. He sighed with relief. Elyde narrowed her eyes at him.
"Who are you?" She asked suspiciously. The man looked at her.
"I will tell you my name if you reveal yourself and tell me yours." Elyde tipped her chin and straightened up, growing a bit taller.
"My name is Elyde." The man nodded.
"An elf, I suppose?" Elyde dropped her hood, her long, blonde hair going down her back, and her Man ears clearly visible. The man nodded again.
"I see."

PirateTrees

Atumn in the Wood

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

She leapt up into the tree and watched as the man conversed with a woman. The half elf was curious. After a while, she leapt down again, startling them.

Andrea

Atumn in the Wood

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

A little hobbit-lass was walking toward them, her head down examing some mushrooms and other various herbs and plants. She bumped into the group and raised her head. Her hair was red and curly, and her face was dotted with freckles, her eyes bright green.
"Oh, hello. My names Goldenberry Chubbs!" she said enthusiastically
Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceeds that goal.

Delidia

Atumn in the Wood

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Elyde looked at the elf (or so it seemed), then looked at the hobbit who called herself Goldenberry Chubbs. She smiled at the hobbit lass, she frowned at the elf. Another reason why she hated elves; they were too secretive and mysterious. What did they think, she was going to eat them?
"Hello Goldenberry Chubbs, I am Elyde of Gondor. Pleased to meet you, I'm sure."

Halo_Black

Atumn in the Wood

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Halo against a nearby tree and watched the group in front of her as they talked. Reaching into her bag she pulled out an apple and started to munch on it.
"Hey, what am I? Invisible?"
The group whirled round to face her and the man reached for his side. For a moment or two no words were said; they stared at Halo and Halo stared right back, still chewing her apple. After Goldenberry tried unsuccesfully to stare Halo out, the tall girl walked forward and bowed.
"Halo Black, at yer sevice."

Ooc: Sorry, couldn't resist joining this role-play. PirateTrees cool name caught my attention, so I thought I'd join the fun. :disturbed:

Delidia

Atumn in the Wood

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Elyde narrowed her eyes and observed the girl.
"Elyde of Gondor, not at your service."

Halo_Black

Atumn in the Wood

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Halo stuck out her tongue at Elyde
"My, you are a grumpy one arn't you!" she grinned at Elyde "From that welcome you'd think I was an orc." The girl shrugged and leant against another nearby tree. The tree grumbled a bit, reveiling itself to be an ent. Halo patted its bark and appologised to it before turning back to the group. The Ent watched them, curiously.
"Is that all you've got to say?" Elyde snapped "You've said more to that ent than you have to us."
Halo shrugged "The Ent's are nicer to me. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to meet anyone other than ent's here today. I appologise for if I startled you, that was not my intension at all." pulling another apple from her bag, Halo started eatting once again. "I'm not supprised you didn't notice me there, people have a tendancy not to notice me unless I catch their attention."

Darous

Atumn in the Wood

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

While the others chatted a figure walked from the shadows...
"You make more noise than a Crulin worm spawn..." laughed the large figure
Halo turned and glared at the stranger..
"And who might you be stranger?"
The stranger held a mighty axe which he set down at his side.
"I am Ja'rin Varr from Eriu and I search for treasures which shall restore me as the rightful King of my land. But I have travelled for five long years and still two of the treasures remain hidden to me."
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

Return to “Planet-Tolkien Roleplay”