Middle Earth: Many Meetings

Halo_Black

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Meanwhile, inside the Prancing Pony:
Halo looks up from staring at the man who landed at her feet and spots Alynna looking in her general direction. Out of habit her hands clench into fists, but relaxes them before (she hopes) the stranger can notice. Standing, she stretches and wanders over to the stranger.
"Hmmm, about time someone taught that fella some manners" She grins at Alynna in what she hopes is a friendly and reasuring manner. Its not, it just exposes a mouth full of unpleasently sharp and pointed teeth. The stranger seems to have tenced up a lot, Halo just can't imagine why, she can't help feeling hurt, most people have this reaction to her. Halo doesn't realise how alarming her appearence really is, the sharp teeth and red eyes are enough to put anyone off.
For a moment an uncomfortable silence takes over, then Halo desides to try again.
"You might have to watch out for him when he recovers. Doesn't like half-breeds like up you see. Wouldn't put it past him to try and stick a knife in yer back while you slept. M'name's Halo, mind if I join you?"
And she flops down into the seat facing Alynna and grins, pulling out some money. "Hey, you want a drink."nn[Edited on 29/7/2002 by Halo_Black]

Allyssa

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The inkeeper noticed the mess on the floor:

Inkeeper: Darn, one of my best customers. Hey Bob, didn't you say one of the guests was a healer? Cant have my patrons bleeding all over the place.
Nob dissapeared for a few minutes, and returned with a young redish haired woman carrying a white satchel.

The woman knelt beside the fallen man, and checked his pulse and breathing. She wrinkleed her nose in disgust. She does not like this kind of man. She knows his type all too well.

Allyssa: He will live. Probably have a headache in the morning, but its hard to say if that is from the drink or the fall. I suggest you put him in his room and let him sleep it off.

The Inkeeper and the two hobbits dragged the senseless man towards the rented rooms.

Allyssa noticed two very unusual people sitting having a drink together. One she knew already, Halo. She had not met the other yet. She bought herself a drink and joined them...

Allyssa: So who was it sorted out Bill Ferny? I'd like to thank them.
"May the Angels Guide"

valedhelgwath

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Silent, almost invisible to prying eyes, a figure perched motionless on the eave of a great branch of a tall beech tree on the edge of the Chetwood. Five hours he had sat there, observing the East road into Bree, his keen eyes picking out movement on the torch lit streets.
He did not know what had drawn him once more from his hidden home with the Woses in a forest many leagues away, but he doubted it would be good. Instictively he ran his fingers through the feathers of the arrows in his quiver.
"Valedhelgwath stalks the shadows once more," he whispered to himself.
Content to let his fate come to him, he patiently waited in his perch, sure a sign would come to him before the rising of the sun.

onceatoaster

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Alynna: That was me.(Alynna knew that there was something different about Alyssa, like they shared some type of bond) Halo: Where are you from? Not for anywher near here, I'll bet Alynna: Well, you'd defintily win, Mirkwood, thats where I used to live. Halo: Why did you leave? flashback
Biegrid: Alynna, you are your mother's child, a half born. You are unworthy to live here among the immortals. Only for your mother's sake did I allow you to live here. But since she has fallen to the Doom of Man, I cast you from my side.
Alynna: Father...our years together...they have meant nothing? Biegrid: I regret on you being born
End flashback
Alynna: I have my reasons (then to Alyssa in elvish) What about you? Where are you from?

nn[Edited on 31/7/2002 by onceatoaster]

Halo_Black

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Halo frowned at Alynna. Did this stranger think she was stupid? That she didn't understand elvish? You don't spend most of your life running around the local cauntryside without learning a thing or two you know! "Hey, I'll buy next round yeah?" Without waiting for an answer Halo left the table. Allyssa watched as Halo slunk over to the bar, knowing full well that the half Orc's feelings were probably a little hurt. Turning back to Alynna, she began to awnser her in the human speech. By this time Halo was almost near the bar, but it was crowded and she was having trouble pushing through all the people.
"Ai. S'cuse me mister, comeing through, stand aside. Oh, hi Mr Thargson! *snigger* What? Am I laughing at your name? No, why would I do a horrid thing like that? *crosses fingers behind back* So, how's things? Oh? Really? Strider trampled all your runner beans? Well, I'm sure it was an accident. Must rush."
10 minutes later Allyssa and Alynna looked up from their empty pints to see Halo comeing towards them with three new ones. "Hey, guess what! Strider's been stomping on Mr Thargson's vegetable patch again!" Alynna looks confused, while Allyssa and Halo drink their ale, sniggering at the idea of the ranger stomping around Mr Thargson's veggie garden...

onceatoaster

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Alynna watched Halo get up from the table to go get more drinks. She leaned foward and rest her chin on her hand with a smirk on her face
Alyssa: Whats so funny?
Alynna: Oh nothing, that orc thinks I used elvish to be rude(Alynna sat back in her chair and looked over a Alyssa) but I didn't. Alyssa:oh
(halo came back over carrying the drinks)
Halo: So miss me? Here you go!
Alynna: Thanks(She took a drink from the mug, but as soon as she did she knew something wasn't right. The draught had a funny taste and then she felt her throat closing up. A pain arose in her chest, like a knife.Alynna's hands clutched the table and her eyes were shut with pain
Halo: What the?!? Hey some one help her out!

Allyssa

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Allyssa immediately recognised the symptoms of Mordor Bramble Poisoning. Fortunately, she had brought her medicine bag with her. She reached in and produced a small intricately patterned bag. She pulled out a few dried ahtelas leaves which she crushed into another partrons hot tea. She passed the cup under Alyna's nose and then made her drink a small amount.

Alynna's breathing immediately calmed, and she came back to consiousness.

Alynna: "That was quick thinking, Allyssa."

Alynna then regarded Halo coldly. She was rather upset that someone would try to poison her over a supposed insult. Halo looked worried and confused...

The three of them noticed a strange metallic object with two slots in the top and a long tail with a pronged barb at the end, that had suddenly appeared in the room. They wondered what it was, or what it had been, since it no longer appeared to be operational. It was such a curious looking thing, that they wondered where it was from, who sent it, and most importantly, what was it doing here????nn[Edited on 1/8/2002 by Allyssa]
"May the Angels Guide"

valedhelgwath

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

From his vantage point close to the road, Valehelgwath peered down at the few travellers who were still arriving at the quiet town. He watched as the last, a merchant by his apparel, argued with the gateman to allow him and his wagon through the gate after dark. After a long arguement, the merchant appeared to win and he slowly trundled his laden wagon through the entrance.
Curious, the elf held his gaze on this lone traveller when he came into view once more beyond the thorn hedge. Pottering along the main thoroughfare, the elf had almost dismissed this trader when his keen vision noticed a sudden movement from the back of the wagon. Just a sudden flash of dark shadow, a shape slipped from beneath the tarpaulin and slid effortlessly up the wall of the nearest building. On a balcony it rested just a moment as a window slipped open, and then it was gone from sight.
Valedhelgwath shuddered. He had met their type before, but that had been a long time ago in mortal years. He had been numbered among their prey back then, and he had been lucky to survive. Surely they did not seek him still. He had seen four generations of Woses born and die since that time.
Searching the road for more of their kind, he contemplated slipping back to the forests from whence he had come and where he had found safe refuge. A muted cry of pain from the same building caught his attention, though, and again the elf kept his vigil, his bow now strung.

Halo_Black

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Halo looked at the strange metal object. She didn't know what it was, or what was going on, but the thing gave her the creeps. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed somebody moveing aways from the door. Quickly. And he kept glanceing in their direction. Being half orc may seem worse than a curse at times, but it does have its perks. Like a really good sence of smell for example. The person headed for the door reaked of fear and Halo caught his scent on Alynna's tankard.
"Allyssa? Look! Bill Ferny, he was behind the bar! Quick, look, he's heading for the door!"
Allyssa frowned and looked at where the halfbreed was pointing, Alynna looked as well. Slowly she looked back at the poisened ale then back at Bill Ferny. Halo reached out and tapped her on the sholder.
"The tankard, I can smell him on it!"
Alynna looked from Halo to Allyssa. Allyssa nodded "If Halo says his scent is on the tankard, then his scent is there. Halo's no killer, despite her what her father was. But Bill Ferny? I wouldn't put anything past him, especialy where halfbreeds are conserned." She turned to Halo "Don't you touch that ale. I don't need you poisened aswell!" she turned back to talk to Alynna.
While Allyssa talked to Alynna Halo took another look at the metal object. It looked like somekind of arrow-head, but...
"Guys?! That metal thing, d'ya think its supposed ta be GLOWING LIKE THAT?!?"nn[Edited on 1/8/2002 by Halo_Black]

Allyssa

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Allyssa: Dear Lord! What is going on now?

The metal box with the two slots in the top was glowing an eerie green. Allyssa, with her experience in chemistry, had seen this sort of thing before.

Allyssa: Get out of here, its going to explode and kill us all!!

Allyssa grabbed her medical bag and ran for the door, her elven speed and dexterity putting her outside before any of the human patrons had taken a step. The thing that was once a toasting device, began to pulsate. What in Middle-Earth was it doing here??? As yet, no explanation for its presence had been forthcomming...
"May the Angels Guide"

Return to “Planet-Tolkien Roleplay”