Grima Wormtongue

durin the deathless

Grima Wormtongue

Post#1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Am I the only one who feels that Wormtongue was an object of Tolkien's hatred? I personally like Grima and think that he should have lived and returned to Rohan as a lesser councillor until he earned his place in King Eomer's court.

beredras

Grima Wormtongue

Post#2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 pm

How do you like Grima he was a traitor and weakened Theoden and the Rohirrim.

thranduil

Grima Wormtongue

Post#3 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 am

Grima was given the chance to stay in Rohan, instead he chose to go to Saruman. Would you choose him to serve you after he had betrayed you? I think not.

durin the deathless

Grima Wormtongue

Post#4 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:07 pm

And yet people still think Gollum should have been cured? Grima was poisoned by Saruman just as King Theoden. He saw his folly only after Saruman fell. Yes he was a traitor and a traitor should be punished, but i think seeing Saruman fall coupled with the way Saruman treated him was punishment enough.

beredras

Grima Wormtongue

Post#5 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 am

He may have been under Sarumans influence, but still you can't really trust him anymore. And besides what kin of example would that be for the Rohirrim and the people of Edoras?

beredras

Grima Wormtongue

Post#6 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:39 am

kind*

durin the deathless

Grima Wormtongue

Post#7 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

ok, well let's say that you were Grima, just supposing. How would you want to be treated? I personally believe everyone deserves a second chance, especially after seeing how wrong they were.

soora

Grima Wormtongue

Post#8 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Grima got what he deserved for betraying his king and Rohan. He was given a chance to return to Rohan by Gandalf but refused. His fear defeated him and he was Saruman's shadow. He had no will of his own.I am not fond of Grima for  the way he crept after Eowyn and weakened Theoden. I cannot feel sorry for him. Smeagol I pity.

beredras

Grima Wormtongue

Post#9 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Exactly what Soora said. Theoden resisted Sarumans enchanting voice. Grima couldn't, Therefore he has a weak will. Someone with a weak will shouldn't the kings advisor.

durin the deathless

Grima Wormtongue

Post#10 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

ok well, didn't he change? at the very end of the third book he was going to stay and then killed Saruman. The Hobbits acted immediately to an act that actually saved them from further trouble. Yes he was wrong and i am not disputing that but i think that after seeing Saruman fall and then Saruman treat him so bad, well, there are limits to what a person should have to endure, no matter how bad. Soora, the pity you feel for Gollum, well, i feel the same for poor Grima.

Return to “Planet-Tolkien Roleplay”