The War In the North

curufinwe

The War In the North

Post#51 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Duilin stood up, stumbled towards a couch, and then stumbled and fell. Idril panted, and pulled off her mail. She seemed to gasp for breath, as if the light elven mail had been a heavy coat of steel. She looked upon Duilin, he wore no armor, and his chest seemed to fall inwards. His mouth was open, and Idril put her ear to his lips.

"Maeglin is a thrall of Morgoth. The presence of his servants has caused him to put back his collar. Farewell princess."

Tears streamed down her face. "Farewell" she whispered. Then her face seemed to grow stern, and she donned once again her shirt of mail, and turned to Ëarendil.

"We must hide, for Morgoths army is mighty indeed, and shall destroy us. We shall wait for Tuor's return and then escape to the tunnel."

curufinwe

The War In the North

Post#52 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Walls hard as adamant were rent asunder by the might of a dragon. Werewolves and orcs poured forth, arrows fell like rain. The elves marched forth, their gear shining like mirrors. They met at the torn gates, and the sound of steel upon steel filled the air. The elves were standing firm, the host could not move them. Then the dragon reared high, and belched forth fire and death. The elves broke, bending, the armies of Morgoth pressed ever further forwards. Then from side streets, and from houses and from the wreckage of the walls, and from the towers came the might of Gondolin. Ecthelion with Tuor and Glorfindel charged bravely, arrows came in endless clouds, the dragon was surrounded. Long was his tail, strong was his hide, death came sizzling from his mouth. But Glorfindel prevailed, and leapt upon his head, then came the death blow, long was the lance of Ecthelion, deep it pierced into the eye of the dragon.

"Light does not fear the dark! Get thyselves gone from my sight, servants of Morgoth."

Then came from the mountains not a red dawn, but a black night. The Balrogs came, dragon-riding, with hosts uncountableble.

Amras

The War In the North

Post#53 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:08 pm

The watchers before the secret gate of the Dry River were alerted of a dull  thudding and chanting  ahead of them. Then finally the hideous heads of two behemoth dragons pulled into view. The dragons were covered with plates of iron  and steel rings of chain. On their foul heads were  helms that covered their entire skull. Only their snake eyes were not covered and they blinked in the fading sunlight. The archers jumped out of  eyesight behind rocks and boulders, and they each took long thought out defensive positions. Behind the Uruloki, were legions of Werewolves and orcs, nearly ten thousand strong. Then Turgon received a messenger from the guard hearing of the host from Angband, the pits of hell. Then with a great cry of "Utulie'n aure! Aiya Eldalie, utulie aure!" Then the banner of the house of Fingolfin and Turgon were lifted up and Turgon cried with a Great voice:"Auta i lome!" Then they charged towards the secret gate as sunset at last dwelt under the peaks of the Crissaegrim. The Dragons saw them coming and reared back to destroy them. Then suddenly the archers let their shafts fly. They drove straight threw the eyes of the fire breathing beasts. More arrows were let loose. Orcs and werewolves were left stricken upon the battle field. And then Turgon and Ecthelion with the thunder of noise as if Orome had come descended upon the creatures of Morgoth.

Amras

The War In the North

Post#54 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Struggling with the terrible hosts of Morgoth, found Ecthelion covered in the gore of his enemy. He slashed downwards as his sword beheaded three orcs with one blow. Then cam a scarlet fire, Balrogs, the chief servants of the wicked lord Bauglir, came into view. Seventeen in all. They cam and wrought destruction upon Turgon's forces, Arrows twanged, bodies were thrown aside, and still the evil army drew on. Glorfindel moved to one knee, and loosened his spear. It gored a dragon threw the heart, gushing out its foul blood all over the stones. Turgon sliced his way this way and that, and saw that the balrogs were unstoppable. Then the two hosts stopped, and silence reigned. Gothmog, Lord of The Balrogs, slayer of Feanor and Finon burst threw with a fell voice.Tuor turned and all hope died in his heart,for the Eldar could slay as many orcs and dragons, but against the corrupted maiar spirits, the Elves would be defeated.Gothmog burst threw with fire and sword, slaying dozens with two blows. His troll guard was shot down, but his cohorts of fire demons waved unstoppable destruction in their wake. Turgon turned about. cleaving the bodies of eight orcs in halves."Ectthelion sound the call to fall back to Gondolin while we still have the strength!" Ecthelion and Glorfindel hacked into their foes and Ecthelion sounded the horn of Gondolin.

curufinwe

The War In the North

Post#55 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Duilin opened his eyes. Breath came as a fire in his lungs.

"Idril? Ëarendil? Am I now alone on my death bed? But I shall not die."

He reached for a cup next to his couch. Before his hand moved two feet he fell into darkness.

curufinwe

The War In the North

Post#56 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:24 am

The king looked over his city. Fire rose, and the smell of singed flesh was in the air. He turned to his advisor

"How many Balrogs do you count?"

"No more than 7, but maybe as few as 3 my liege."

"Can you not count? How many, give me a specific answer!!!"

"Definitely not 17 my liege."

said another advisor

"I count 7"

"I count 5"

"Strange" said the king, "I count 6"

Amras

The War In the North

Post#57 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:26 pm

The Elves left piled of dead in their path, but all around the walls of Gondolin swarmed the forces led by Gothmog. Now they retreated in their walls as they opened, and those outside continued to fight outside. Ecthelion, before the gates shut, had slain two werewolves that were threatening the king. But after that the few thousands left shut the gates and left more than a few to die against a hopeless struggle. Glorfindel ordered the archers to loose their last shafts before the enemy went in inside. Not a single orc or demon reached the courtyard alive. "Craven adversary, the Eldar shall burn with their city," screamed Gothmog." Now, my cohorts breach the puny Gate!"

curufinwe

The War In the North

Post#58 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:39 am

The Balrogs advanced, unstopable forces of destruction. The gates were rent apart by dragons. As endless as the tides came the orcs. Then came Turgon, high and proud. His guard shone, his helm was seen by the elves, and a cry went up. They charged, and the Balrogs faltered and ran. Orcs were hewn running, but dragons unafraid withered many. Then werewolves and orcs came, stronger in stature than before. Glorfindel found the king, untouched by the blood of orcs though he slew many.
"You must return to your tower."
"I came to bring death to my enemies. They shall know that my terror awaits them at the tower. Farewel."
The elves were beaten ever further back. The Balrogs returned, as great shadows came they and none stood before them. The horn of Ecthelion blasted loud, and he led a hopeless charge. The orcs fell, and dragons were slain, but the Balrogs stood firm. Those few who had not taken part in the charge looked in horror upon their friends, who now were encircled with foes, fire flung upon them. A number beat their way out,the heroes of Gondolin, ragged and tired, forced their way back. All gathered in the town square. Gothmog stood before them, flanked by dragons. Tuor moved for them, but Ecthelion restrained him. Wrath was on his face, and fire was in his eyes.
"We have met before. I shall have my revenge."

Amras

The War In the North

Post#59 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Here ends Part Two. Part Three shall be started shortly.

Amras

The War In the North

Post#60 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Part Three :The Tide Roars

Fires rolled and licked through the fortress city of Gondolin as dragons  blasted around and over the walls of Gondolin. Inside, the inhabitants were searching for a haven. But at that moment Idril, in distress came and went to Tuor, her husband." Please, we must tell the people about the passage," said Idril. 

"Yes, my beloved, make haste, and i will die as one of these valiant Elves."

He embraced her and said:" Give my son Earendil hope, and flee with a company of the Guards!"

Ecthelion was turning and avoiding the rubble rallying the troops as Turgon directed orders at the once magnificent courtyard of Marble when he saw through the reckage Tuor and Idril. He adressed them and commanded Tuor not to leave his spouse and child and  lead the survivors to new dwellings at the Falas. Tuor pleaded to stay, but Ecthelion would not budge in his counsel. So the two Captains said a grim farewell as Gondolin was about to be breached, Ecthelion would soon meat the most terrible servant and demon of the Bauglir: Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs.

Return to “Planet-Tolkien Roleplay”