Quenya lessons

Cano_Yavanna

Quenya lessons

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Great idea Elda (we were just discussing it in the chat room).
I hope people get excited about this, becuase it would be a great and wonderful ode to Tolkien if nothing else.
I am excited, even if I have to be the teacher (yikes!). It would be better if we used Perwing's suggestion and connected the hopefully new teaching chat room with planet-tolkien so you could connect to it from here.
I Eldar ná i anvanya.

valedhelgwath

Quenya lessons

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So what I was thinking about was something like Bilbo's Study but for Quenya.
I'm not sure we would be able to provide this service, Elda. The Council recently discussed someone's request for having a chatroom specifically for Roleplaying, but we decided we could not manage to do this as;
a) Being a family site we need to have the chatrooms moderated at all times, and leading on from this,
b) We just cannot manage to do that with more than one chatroom. Most of us on the Council already spend at least four hours a day here. We just do not have sufficient hours in the day to cover another chatroom.

I think what someone suggested was to open a thread in which members wrote sentences in elvish, and then the next person translated them and added their own. If there are enough of you, you could form your own Guild.

grondmaster

Quenya lessons

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Meanwhile I am trying to start [u]The Quenya Game[/u] in [u]The Ivy Bush Tavern[/u]. Go there and check it out.
'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

Quenya lessons

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thanks for your help, Perwing. I'm not sure how these things work myself, but hopefully Taz or Plastic will know more about it than myself. I think Taz's home connection is down at the moment, but hopefully he is still looking in from time to time while at work.

I'll mention your suggestion to the others on the Council.

Elda

Quenya lessons

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thank you Val!!! :juggleemot:

THINGOL77

Quenya lessons

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

well, I did not understand very well peredhil´s idea , but since i have no way to logg in to a chat.....

well, at first i got dissapointed..., but then I thought about a place like the one was oppened for the sil´s reading discusion group, and that maybe it could be for beginers, you know like ,mhmhmhmhm, wel, like a simplified quenya-english comparative course ....,and maybe peredhill orCano_Yavanna could play the roll valedhelgwath is playing with us.....,just to learn the basis of the language in an easier way....maybe it could work ,could it not??? ;)

MelliotSandybanks

Quenya lessons

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think these are excellent suggestions. We are currently discussing it in the council.

Elda

Quenya lessons

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thank you Mellie! :angel:
Btw Elda=Calenthang...just to let you know

THINGOL77

Quenya lessons

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hi melly, nice to see you...., could you use your influence over Taz about the alphabeth too??? ;)

because i think i have written too much about it and he might have placed some kind of blockage, for my postBodys not to pass through him.... :elfbiggrin: (no..., just kidding )

Return to “Website Suggestions”