Update Message Board

eithin

Update Message Board

Post#1 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:15 pm

Is it time to dust off the old mop?
I know that it is a great work behind this site (and all credits to you!) but cant we do something to seperate (or clear) the Message Board. You can find old threads from early 2004 (or even older?)

:duck:

Amarië

Update Message Board

Post#2 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:25 pm

If you or anyone else had bothered to read those old threads you would learn SO MUCH! I would be very disappointed if Grep decied to delete them and I would fight it will all my might.

And that is my (not so) humble opinion. ;)

Next! :)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

loni

Update Message Board

Post#3 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:30 pm

Me agree. LET THE OLD POSTS LIVE!!!!

BEing an oldie myself. THis is my 1200th post!!!

Why, I remember how pseudo-Silmarils first existed. Someone asked Grondy if they could have a shiny bauble for getting their answer right. And the next person didn't want to be outdone. So Grondy started giving out pseudo-Silmarils. You remember, Amarie?

adreia

Update Message Board

Post#4 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:34 pm

lol
I wish I had found this community longer ago...this is the greatest website I've ever been a part of, and ever will be. Someday soon, I'm going to read through those old messages! I will gain much knowledge ;) No, Grep has no point in deleating them! They should LIVE!!! Someday, they could even be brought back

Amarië

Update Message Board

Post#5 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:48 pm

You remember, Amarie?

I do, and I remember the cuddly badgers Plastic gave out. Ahhh the memories...

Oh, I really recomend that everybody takes a look at the threads where all the past Post Of the Week (as it was called back then) are posted. If you don't have time to look at old thread (very few do), at least look at the POWs. You won't regret it!
"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

LostandAlone

Update Message Board

Post#6 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:10 pm

Sorry, I can't reminisce about old times. I'm fairly new, but I've read a few older posts. They all help give PT the atmosphere it needs.

eithin

Update Message Board

Post#7 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:27 pm

I didnt mean anything offensive when I wrote this. You have a point... maybe I should take a look around. The reasonwhy I wrote this was because I tried to join a role-play and I think it was Vee who wrote that the role-play was down... That made me wonder if it was time to "update" the board.

Vee

Update Message Board

Post#8 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:32 pm

We have quite a few current RPGs and some have been going for some time. Unfortunately we also have a few that have fallen into oblivion because the players have disappeared. It would probably be a good idea to 'lock' those threads and just keep the current ones running. Locked threads can always be unlocked again if necessary.

LostandAlone

Update Message Board

Post#9 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:43 pm

The reasonwhy I wrote this was because I tried to join a role-play and I think it was Vee who wrote that the role-play was down...

If this means you don't like Vee, just send a message to D-rob, I'm sure he will give you some "guidance" (just kidding).

But I do see your point.

grondmaster

Update Message Board

Post#10 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:37 pm

HINT: It might be a little smarter for the newbies to wander around with their eyes and ears open for a few days and maybe write a hundred posts or so, rather than right off opening their mouths asking for a revamp of the forum because our format isn't what they're used to. Else someone may rudely suggest that if they don't like it, they may leave. As rudeness amongst our members is frowned upon, please try not to upset the inmates and stay out of range of the gorilla cage. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “Website Suggestions”