Awards

LostandAlone

Awards

Post#1 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:37 pm

I think that there needs to be an award given to the person who contributes the most to Planet Tolkien every six months or so. This would be an honor to receive and I also think that it would be an incentive to motivate people from fighting (hangs head) and be model citizens, like the Grondmaster. The honor of being the recipient would be great but if there was a reward, say 500 mithril or something, it would be that much better. What do you think?

valedhelgwath

Awards

Post#2 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:00 am

At the current rate we work at, give it another year and the Post of the Week will become a bi-annual event. :P:

It's a nice idea, but how would you judge such an award?

laurelindhe ilmarin

Awards

Post#3 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:21 am

I personally feel that all of us contribute equally here and that PT would not be PT without any one of us, so in that case, Council Members, don't we all deserve awards? :pary:

I'll just practice my speech, but it might take a long time for each of us to recite our speeches, so tell the award show director not to start the music if one of us gets long-winded:

I'd first like to thank the academy, and you, the fans...and Grep, the producer, and Holly, executive producer...and Vee, Amarie, Grondmaster, Valedhelgwath, Milambar, Rhapsody, Eruwen, Melian, Loni, Elfstone, Stonehelm, LA86, AE-37, Terrijayne, Rhodry, Virumor, Gildor, Eva Lilith, Tiger, Arwy, Silme, Sideshow Bob, floyd_n_milan, oloriniwasinmyyouth, Plastic Squirrel, Steve, deathmc, Taz...**music starts**...No! I'm not done! I'd also like to thank anyone that has slipped temporarily through the cracks of my fragile memory...my mother...the London Philharmonic, Area 51, Swiss cheese...toast that's not burnt...my fluffy leopard-print slippers...

Gildor Inglorion

Awards

Post#4 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:02 pm

Wow! You even thanked me! *starts crying of happiness*

eruwen

Awards

Post#5 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:07 pm

*Eruwen smiles, proud of her contributions, and lowers her head humbly as her name is mentioned in thanks*

LOL...you're funny, Laurel :)

laurelindhe ilmarin

Awards

Post#6 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:52 pm

Yeah...funny-looking! :oneeye:

rhapsody

Awards

Post#7 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:08 pm

Ow I made it to the 3rd line in very honourable company of Milambar and Eruwen...

*squeeeee*

We are all equal in fellowship. Gondor needs no awards ;)

Elfstone

Awards

Post#8 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:51 pm

I'll just practice my speech, but it might take a long time for each of us to recite our speeches, so tell the award show director not to start the music if one of us gets long-winded:

I'd first like to thank the academy, and you, the fans...and Grep, the producer, and Holly, executive producer...and Vee, Amarie, Grondmaster, Valedhelgwath, Milambar, Rhapsody, Eruwen, Melian, Loni, Elfstone, Stonehelm, LA86, AE-37, Terrijayne, Rhodry, Virumor, Gildor, Eva Lilith, Tiger, Arwy, Silme, Sideshow Bob, floyd_n_milan, oloriniwasinmyyouth, Plastic Squirrel, Steve, deathmc, Taz...**music starts**...No! I'm not done! I'd also like to thank anyone that has slipped temporarily through the cracks of my fragile memory...my mother...the London Philharmonic, Area 51, Swiss cheese...toast that's not burnt...my fluffy leopard-print slippers...

Lol, seems like you're pretty good at it already Laurelindhe! :elfwink:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Vee

Awards

Post#9 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:16 pm

Hehehehe - very funny Laurelindhepindhepoohpums. I had visions of a Benny Hill style shepherd's crook reaching in to grab you round the neck and haul you off in mid-sentence.

(Cue the young 'uns asking who is Benny Hill?)

aragorn_jr

Awards

Post#10 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:32 pm

i think it could work if you got awards for every 500 posts or something, related to posts or time you have been joined or something. So it doesn't make you look better just shows some facts about your contributions to PT.

Return to “Website Suggestions”