New Races...?

sarawyn

New Races...?

Post#1 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:07 am

sorry hit enter...

so i was saying, how about more race's.

I would really like to be an Istari.. from far far away

but a few more maybe, and Ent from fanghorn.

An Eagle from the mountain tops.

things like that, again, sorry bout leaving the last blank..

ithil

New Races...?

Post#2 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:20 am

this idea has actually already been brought forward... I am also a supporter of the idea, I think it would be a great lot of fun - the more, the better :) (me wants some villains, but others don't like the idea that much...). but there was nothing done then (I think there was a certain reason, but I don't remember it - maybe you'll have a look at the thread, it's also in the website suggestions section), and we have to confess that it isn't the most important thing to be done...

sarawyn

New Races...?

Post#3 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:24 am

but its gotta be one of the easiest to do...?>?

ithil

New Races...?

Post#4 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:36 am

well, I don't know... I certainly couldn't do it. me and computers... :orcsmilie: but it certainly also takes time to do it, and if there are lots of other things to be done, things of more importance... oh, I'm none of the bosses round here, I'm only occupying space. you better wait for a council member to tell you the facts...
btw, the other thread was called New Locations?.

sarawyn

New Races...?

Post#5 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:45 am

ok, i'll have a look thanx...

Grep

New Races...?

Post#6 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:24 am

ok so we have 14, count em, 14 new locations / races: Fangorn, Mountains, Mirkwood, Minas Tirith, Pelagrir, Dol Amroth, Fornost, Lindon, Blue Mountains, Grey Havens, Moria, Minas Morgul, Haradwaith, Umbar.

pop along to edit profile and knock yourself out - any more needed just drop me a line!

Vee

New Races...?

Post#7 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:23 pm

I am now a 'Person' from Minis Tirith. A PERSON???

Geanted it is a difficult one because Man or Men implies man rather than of the race of Men. Perhaps it should read '... is of the race of...'

Grep

New Races...?

Post#8 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:37 pm

Ahh you've found the obvious problem we need to work out a non sexist way of refering to people from Minas Tirith, Pelagrir, Dol Amroth, Fornost, Haradwaith and Umbar. Any Ideas anyone?

Etharion

New Races...?

Post#9 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:00 pm

well i think Vee is on the right track. It maybe should say " >name< is of the race of (men, dwarves, elves...etc.). from Minas Tirith, Rivendel, Moria...etc."

What do you think?

Grep

New Races...?

Post#10 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:33 pm

what i was trying to achieve is a kind of mini profile which reads as a sentance rather than a series of statements as we used to have. So

xx has made xx posts is of the race of xx from xx and is Online

i don't know there's somthing awkward about it i got around it with the Dundedin and the Rohirrim by refering to them that way can we do this for the other six races. I just think it comes off a little sexist to refer to them as the races of men and i'm sure the races of men would appreciate some females members which they're not likly to get at the moment. Mind i'm thinking of developing one for Vee alone! :)

Return to “Website Suggestions”