website suggestions

elrohir

website suggestions

Post#1 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 am

Hello everyone,

I agree on the poll. it could definitely use more regular updates. Also, sharing your choice on twitter or facebook might be a nice addition.

arwen undómiel

website suggestions

Post#2 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:33 am

As the title says, this is a thread for website suggestions. As the council, we can come up with some ideas and suggestions. But in the end it are you who are using the website! (Of course we as well, but there aren't much of us!) So, why not come up with some good ideas and make this planet even cooler? There are a lot of clever and creative people on here, so why not brainstorm, share ideas and improve the website together? It's just like an 'idea box' really.

Some things I came up with earlier:

●A 'sent items' in the message system?

● What about multiple polls (and more regular updates (it would be much easier if more people would be able to update the poll...))?

● Tolkien related blog (write about things you experienced which had to do with Tolkien or which you could relate a story from Tolkien to. You just share those experiences in a thread)?

● Etcetera....!

Come on everybody, inspire each other! It can be technical suggestions (more polls) as well as suggestions about the website's content (ideas for a new poll). All are welcome.

There's one rule: You can speak your mind as long as you respect everybody and their opinions/ideas/suggestions!

''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

Gimli_man43

website suggestions

Post#3 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:04 pm

I completely agree with the poll idea. I love seeing and participating in polls.

I also would like to see something useful for the hoard of mithril I have seemingly collected over the years, it only looks pretty in one spot for so long.

curufinwe

website suggestions

Post#4 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 am

I personally hate social-networking sites like Facebook with a burning passion. All the same, I understand that it would bring new people in to PT, and I think it is a good idea.

In terms of polls, yes! A new poll every two weeks or so would be so wonderful. Maybe we should start a thread for new forum topics/revive the old one.

Finally, there is that seemingly useless metal we have all been hoarding. I know it's been said a thousand times, but we need something to spend our Mithril on. I know Taz has been working on something for a long time now, I wonder when that will be finished. I can't think of anything to spend Mithril on right now, but I'll think about it and see if I can come up with something.

curufinwe

website suggestions

Post#5 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:12 am

Another thing I just realized that's more of a technical thing than anything else is accents. Whenever I want to write an accent I have to either use the option key (only seems to work on Macs) or open a new tab and find a website that types accents for me, then copy paste. Except a lot of the times I copy paste the computer crashes. So it would be nice if that bar at the top of the box I am typing this in that has everything else on it had a little button that let me add accents.

Still trying to figure out something to do with Mithril. Haven't had any good ideas yet but I am still thinking about it.

glorfindel

website suggestions

Post#6 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Something should be done about the paragraph problem when used on phones.

I always end up with one big long paragraph. I purposely tried to make this into two separate paragraphs.

galin

website suggestions

Post#7 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:16 am

I know I've requested this before, but how about some nicer subjects for the artwork or photos [those that appear at the top of the page I mean] instead of all these dark, evil subjects? I realize copyright is a concern but we seem to have had mostly evil for years now.

Or at least some nicer subjects along with the evil guys?

Amras

website suggestions

Post#8 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Evil forums! What is that supposed to mean, galin!

Oerath Windsoul

website suggestions

Post#9 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Related to my long post about 'The Children of Húrin', could we have the book added as it's own forum into the section: 'Books' ?

That shall be my only request for now.

- Oerath.

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

arwen undómiel

website suggestions

Post#10 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:07 pm

@Oerath: Done!
''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

Return to “Website Suggestions”