Private message problems

TomBombadillo

Private message problems

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The most amazing thing happened to me today: I tried sending a private postBody, and it worked! It actually worked! First time on! :D :D :D And again, I owe it all to Taz:

The error only seems to happen for myself on 'Replying' to postBodys, sending works fine. Now, if just reply leaving the postBody subject intact then you will get that 'Could not enter data into the database' postBody. However try deleting the subject on your reply and putting in a new one. You should, like myself find this to be a workable solution.

It works folks! And if you don't use any smilies, I think it works even better. Go on and try it then. It works for me. :D :D :D

Denial is not a river in Africa.

Sheryl

Private message problems

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yep, I`m having them to. Don`t ask me how to fix it though, I don`t have a clue, Taz or one of the council members may know though. I do hope that it helps.
I love you! I love you!
I must say it with all my heart!
I love you! I love you!
I wish we weren`t apart!
You know who I am
I know who you r
I have told u this sweet sumthin
even tho u r afar!

Elda

Private message problems

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have such problems too Tommie.
I don't know about you but I used to put smiles on the Subject line and the postBody won't send.
Without them everything seems to be just fine.
If that's not it I guess Taz should deal with it when he's got the time to.

rednell

Private message problems

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

This has been happening to me too. I find that if I use the back botton on my browser, then try to send it again, it will usually go. Sometimes I have to do this 2 or 3 times, but it will go through eventually.
I have a theory that perhaps the server is really busy at the time I am sending the postBody and that is why I have to keep trying.
Just to be safe, I highlight and copy the postBody so I will not have to compose it again, just in case I lose it. :D

Sheryl

Private message problems

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yeah, Plastic saggested that to me once when I was having probs, I found out that it helped because I lost the postBody quite often. :)
I love you! I love you!

I must say it with all my heart!

I love you! I love you!

I wish we weren`t apart!

You know who I am

I know who you r

I have told u this sweet sumthin

even tho u r afar!

TomBombadillo

Private message problems

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:withstupid: I've had them before, but then when I tried again, after 2 or 3 times it would send it. Now it doesn't. :( And yes it is a pain in the you-know-what, Rhodry. :P:

Grondy, I got your postBody ok, so you can send all right I guess. I wanted to reply but I couldn't, so... :P:

Well I do hope it can be fixed. A bit relieved I'm not the only one having them though. :cool:

grondmaster

Private message problems

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I got your reply on what you said was the third time Tommie. All I can suggest is that before you send your postBody, you copy it so you won't have to write it twice or even worse, three times.
'Share and enjoy'

Samwisegamgee

Private message problems

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I cannot send PM's either. It says the same to me that it says to Tommy. I can recieve them fine however. Elda: I recieved yours, thanks, but sorry I cannot respond because it won't work for me.

TomBombadillo

Private message problems

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It was actually the fourth time, Grondy, but never mind. It got there. :funnylaugh: And it's working fine for me today. Don't know what got into it. :P:

And copying is the right thing to do. Otherwise you get so impatient and god knows what else you stop trying. And apparently it will work eventually. Maybe we should try talking to it? :P:

PlasticSquirrel

Private message problems

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Maybe we should try talking to it? :P:

Or you could send it a PM? ;)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Return to “Website Help”