need help w/ new site...

evithianehtmire

need help w/ new site...

Post#1 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:23 pm

when i came hear i tryed to login with my old password and user name and was not excepted so i got this new one...i want to know does everyone else have to get a new one too?

luv the new site by the way.

rednell

need help w/ new site...

Post#2 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:33 pm

Hi Evithianehtmire,
Welcome to the new Planet-Tolkien. Yes, everyone has a new password. But if you go[u] Your Account[/u] on the left, then click on [u]Edit Profile[/u] you can change your password.
The Message Boards (formally Forums) are still a work in progress but coming along quite nicely.
There will be a lot more to come as Taz does more work on the site, so stay tuned. :D

anilorak

need help w/ new site...

Post#3 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:54 pm

Hey everyone!
I just need help finding myself around this place! It's like I'm a chicken with it's head cut off!! Please! I need the vial of Galadriel!
iSaAc M.d.

virumor

need help w/ new site...

Post#4 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:08 pm

I need the vial of Galadriel!

That would be the Phial of Galadriel.

But i agree : the new planet-tolkien looks very nice idea. Nice work! congratulations. And best wishes for 2004, anyone.

(this year will be blessed, without PJ ruining another JRRT book.... kidding)
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Snape

need help w/ new site...

Post#5 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:12 pm

when i came hear i tryed to login with my old password

Yes, everyones old account should still exist but you have been issued with a new password. Check your email as you have been sent a mail including your new login details.

LadyFeawen

need help w/ new site...

Post#6 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:39 pm

I'm having some problems also. It keeps logging me out so about every 10 minutes I have to sign back in. Any ideas how I could fix that? :) I love the new PT,Taz. You've done very well.

Fea
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

Snape

need help w/ new site...

Post#7 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:45 pm

I'm having some problems also. It keeps logging me out so about every 10 minutes

This is a known problem and I intend to fix it tomorrow first thing.

lord_aragorn86

need help w/ new site...

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:21 am

First of all - Excellent work! Its awesome and eye-catching!! U deserve a pat on ur back!!

Bt few qs. Wat happened to the journal dates? I don't remember writing any journal in 2012 :elfconfused: And y has the readership count go to zero? And will we get any mithril pieces for the content in our old journals? I'll post more qs as I go thru this excellent site!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

lord_aragorn86

need help w/ new site...

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:31 am

Ok more qs! Sorry If I'm bothering u! But the default dates have of last posts has been switched to 1/1/1970!! I feel so young!! ;) Also for all the threads that had been posted in the previous version of PT, the initial posts ie those posts which were the first post of the thread thru which the thread had been started seems to have been deleted. Can anything be done about that? coz now there's no explanation of wat the thread was about. And where r our no. of posts and the ranks? disappeared? And where is the link to PT Personal? I'm totally confused now!!! :elfconfused:

lord_aragorn86

need help w/ new site...

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:50 am

I'm so sorry but two more qs. How can we change the no. of topics and the no. of posts that can be viewed on a page? And how can we search for thread topics on the board?

Return to “Website Help”