how do I get an avatar

moonstar

how do I get an avatar

Post#1 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:31 am

I just recently returned to pt to find it changed and my account unaccesable therefore i need a new avatar, my question is how do i get it ? I'd also like to know if I would be able to access my old account?

lordstark

how do I get an avatar

Post#2 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:35 am

HELP ME! Everyone seems to have a picture except me! I reduced my picture to below 8kb , but it still won´t upload. And what´s up with the pixel thing, I don´t understand. Someone please tell me how you upload an avatar.
(What does avatar mean anywhay)

perwing

how do I get an avatar

Post#3 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:19 am

If you go to "your account" and pushes "help", the absolute first helpfile there is called "how do i upload a custom avatar"... it's all explained there. ;)
I am Perwing - fear me!! ;-)
(just look at my pic, scary huh??)

rednell

how do I get an avatar

Post#4 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:59 am

If you don't have the software to alter your avatar to a 70x70 pixel gif file then you can e-mail it to me at rednell@planet-tolkien.com and I will make the adjustments for you.

But first come into the chatroom and introduce yourself. ;)

(Rednell imagines getting 3000 requests for altered avatars.) :superscared:

Amarië

how do I get an avatar

Post#5 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:25 am

(Rednell imagines getting 3000 requests for altered avatars.) :superscared:

I have already made a handfull of avatars and also helped fix avatars, so I can help out too. :elfwink:

amarie@shiremail.com
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

grondmaster

how do I get an avatar

Post#6 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:25 pm

What does avatar mean anyway?
An avatar is a spirit's incarnation, an embodiment, a bodily manefestation. In other words, something that represents you; your visible personna on Planet-Tolkien. :teacher:
'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

how do I get an avatar

Post#7 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:11 pm

One of the problems you may encounter too, is if your software converts your image into a GIF (upper case) rather than a gif (lower case file). Mine did the former and wouldn't upload. By erasing the GIF and typing in gif, however, I found it worked fine.

Snape

how do I get an avatar

Post#8 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:46 pm

One of the problems you may encounter too, is if your software converts your image into a GIF (upper case) rather than a gif (lower case file). Mine did the former and wouldn't upload. By erasing the GIF and typing in gif, however, I found it worked fine.

That is fixed now.

Aulë

how do I get an avatar

Post#9 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:09 am

This pops up whenever I try to upload a new avatar:

Warning: main(includes/upload_photo.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /nfs1/tazonlin/webs/www.planet-tolkien.com/modules/edit_profile/index.php on line 5

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/upload_photo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /nfs1/tazonlin/webs/www.planet-tolkien.com/modules/edit_profile/index.php on line 5

I thought that since you, Taz, told me to notify you whenever an error message pops up I should send this to you.
My sincerest gratitudes for helping me when I´m in need!
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

lordstark

how do I get an avatar

Post#10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:21 am

I get the same error message :soangry:

Return to “Website Help”