Site Making

grondmaster

Site Making

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That was me LionHeart, welcome to our forum. :) And sad to say, I'm a user rather than a maker, so I can't answer your question. Taz and the Plastic Squirrel are the ones who would know, but probably won't be able to provide you with more info than the name of a book or the URL of an applicable website, if at all, due to time restraints. :juggling:

Meanwhile enjoy this, "The one site to rule them all." :imtheking:
'Share and enjoy'

Snape

Site Making

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey LionHeart, checkout the thread under; Misc Guilds > The Programmers & Computer Enthusiast Guild

I am currently running a tutorial on there (Although I still have to do the next part) of which I and the other members are slowly building a new part to Vals website each couple of weeks whilst going through each of the stages and discussing them.

Hope it is helpful to you... oh.. and welcome to PT :elfbiggrin:

rednell

Site Making

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to PT forum LionHeart.
I am following Taz's tutorial in hopes that I, too, will be able to build a website.
See you in the guild. :D
btw, join us in the chatroom sometime. :smoke:

PlasticSquirrel

Site Making

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hello there Lionheart, I would recommend the programmers and enthusiasts guild if you want to learn how to build a site, as long as you have the patience to wait between lessons. If you don't, check out bravenet.com, they have a whole load of hints and tips, and might well have some beginners stuff. If not, get yourself a copy of frontpage express, and do it all the easy way. Enjoy.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

Site Making

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hmmm. I must check out the guild too then. Maybe I'll learn how to make my own site! (that's a big maybe) :orcgin:

Hi and welcome, Lionheart, by the way! (did I say this before? maybe, but I lost thread again) :elftongue:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

MelliotSandybanks

Site Making

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Wow, I did not realize that the Programmers guild had a tutorial for that. I thought it was just for people that knew what they were doing. I will check it out again. Thanks for the info guys, and gals.

MelliotSandybanks

Site Making

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to PT Lionheart. It is a great site, to learn new things everyday, and apparently not just Tolkien related. Taz keeps making so many wonderful improvements every time I log on.

Return to “Website Help”