Tolkien's poems

grondmaster

Tolkien's poems

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Meril: No we didn't pay to put up the poetry because rather than writing a whole poem, we have left them incomplete and referenced where the complete poems may be found, a form of advertisement for the books.

I could add a few poems from the Book of Lost Tales I, were I able to find my copy. It should be buried in that bookcase behind the Great Mound, but I can't get to it for a while. As I remember Volume I has a green cover while Volume II, which I am looking at, is red. Still, I will keep it in mind.

There are more of Tolkien's poems in [u]The Golden Perch Tavern[/u] under [u]Tolkien's Poetry, Serialized[/u] than are posted under the [u]Poems[/u] link in our menu under *J.R.R. Tolkien* to the left. One of these years I intend to move some more of these.
'Share and enjoy'

MelliotSandybanks

Tolkien's poems

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Grondy your Lost Tales books look a lot different than my do then. I have noticed that they keep changing covers UT has at least 2 if not more.

Meril

Tolkien's poems

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

thanks!

grondmaster

Tolkien's poems

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Okay Meril, with Mellie's help I am complying with your request. Look for one in [u]The Golden Perch Tavern[/u] under [u]Tolkien's Poetry, Serialized[/u]. :elfcool:
'Share and enjoy'

MelliotSandybanks

Tolkien's poems

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I am trying to help Grondy, since I can find my copies of both Lost Tales. I will get one into the computer each day. I can't do much more than that at the moment.

Mellie.

Samwisegamgee

Tolkien's poems

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Grondy, when I e-mailed you a poem did you put it in the Golden Perch? (Sorry, I did not know about the Golden Perch so I hadn't looked there)

MelliotSandybanks

Tolkien's poems

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Which poem did you email him Sam? I don't want to send him the same one.

grondmaster

Tolkien's poems

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Grondy, when I e-mailed you a poem did you put it in the Golden Perch? (Sorry, I did not know about the Golden Perch so I hadn't looked there)
No, I haven't received a poem from you Samwise, when did you send it, P-T's email server is still down, or at least I have been unable to query them since last night. You could also PM me, but I will probably only see a PM between 1:00 and 6:00 PM PST (2100 and 0200 hrs GMT) which is when I am normally working the forum. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

Samwisegamgee

Tolkien's poems

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well that is very odd Grondy. I e-mailed it to you about a month ago, from my Sam@tolkienmail account to Grondmaster@planet-tolkien.com. Was the P-T e-mail service down then? Mellie, the poem I sent is called 'The Lost Ark' and I got it from The Monsters and the Critics and Other Essays.
I would try to PM it to you, but it appears that I can't PM people (I tried and it said the database didn't read and that I couldn't send). But I'll try it later. Thanks.

MelliotSandybanks

Tolkien's poems

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thanks, Sam! I don't have that book, so if you want to send Grondy more poems from that one, I am sure he will appreciate it.

I hope you get the PM thing worked out soon. I am not sure what to tell you about it. I think that would be a Taz job.

Return to “Website General Discussion”