Greatest personal p-t moment

Amarië

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think my moment begun when I realized how wonderfull the people in here were, with Taz and Rednell as the ones closes to my heart.

It started when I recived the reply from Taz after sending my first drawing in an desperate attempt to get attention and a password, and found out what a great guy he was. I wasn't sure if I should send it but Celebrian said I should. I imagined he would him to roll his eyes and go "Jiiz, what is this girls problem, why does she send me such sh*t". I never expected him to like it as much as he did, and it made me so happy! So nice to have someone to send my silly drawings too and who really like them. :D

And then I met everybody in here, and they were all so nice and wonderfull, especially Rednell. She is caring, friendly, she laughs at my silly jokes and truly a wonderfull person. And she was practically the only one online when I came to chat so she's the one I got to know best.

Other than that I think beeing allowed to have my own avatar, becoming a friend and then a ranger and awarded Post of the Week were really great. :D
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

valedhelgwath

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think mine was when I first joined and found Grondy and Plastic had replied to my first post, welcoming me to the site. Being invited onto the Council was very special too.

Samwisegamgee

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think mine was when I first came on to the newbies thread and Val and Tommy and Nell and Mellie, and oh, a lot of other people, welcomed me onto PT. It just gave me a really great feeling.
I also remember the first time I went into the chatroom, I had never been in one before so I really didn't know what to expect. But Nell and Grondy were there and it was a completly different experience from what I'd expected. Not that I expected anything bad, but I didn't expect that PT would become like home to me.
I also have been really amazed by the insight of the posts, I've had a lot of 'aahh' moments here... :D nn[Edited on 12/4/2003 by Samwisegamgee]

musicimprovedme

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

In addition to having a lot of moments where I just get my head together after writing something...could be Tolkien related or not...but always a self-discovery for me, I would say that the best times for me are just reading new thoughts from everyone here and learning something new or just having a laugh with likeminded people.

Nah. I'm lying. I liked getting post of the week. Both times.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MelliotSandybanks

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

This thread has been on my mind all evening. I have been trying to decide what to put here.

I was very nervous when I made my first post and was quite concerned that everyone would hate my opinions and me. Therefore, the first time someone responded to me, I was shocked and excited. Then I went into chat and talked to Nell, and Taz. That was such a great experience. I have been hooked ever since.

Being admitted to the council was another great moment here at PT. It was so amazing, and I actually cried because I was so happy. PT has truly become like a family to me.

I have met several wonderful people here with whom I love to chat. (Nell, Perwing, Sam, Littleirena, Calenthang, Rhodry, Aire, Amarie, Celebrain, I could go on and on and on, but at the moment it is after 1am and I am really tired. I really don't believe that I could make a list of everyone here that has made this place so special to me.) I have made some special friends here and feel so blessed to be able to get to know them so well.

Btw, this is my 1200th post!!!!!!!!! I am really excited about that. Another PT moment. hehheheheheeeeee

TomBombadillo

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's a tough question, ladyoflegolas.

Hmm. Well I suppose when I first found pt, it was a little exciting to get that password and explore the forums and indeed find that there are some people responding to your post. I remember when I first logged in my username was Gandalf and Shadowfax or something like that. Lol! And I remember how Plastic started teasing me with my schizofrenia. :funnylaugh: So I changed my nick into something more comfy, and became what I am now.

And then the gender problems started... Lol! God I sure had some fun over here. And there were the water fights here at the forum and in chat. And in the meantime PT kept on growing, and more people arriving, Grondy became Taz's help, and then the council came and everything started to get more official (which was of course necessary with the loads of members that kept on knocking on the door).

I can say that in a (though small maybe) way, pt changed my life. I got to know what a wonderful tool the internet can be, met a lot of people I don't believe I would have met otherwise and found a way to talk about Tolkien and everything with people who are actually interested. :P:

I don't think I could do without a thing like pt. Honestly. Sound like an addict now, but hey, that's the way it is. I still can't believe how many wonderful people I got to know here, and who are still hanging around here. That proves to me that pt is not a passing thing. It's here to stay. (if it doesn't go down again, that is :P: ) And I don't think I'll ever get bored around here. I had loads of fun with you guys in the past, and I hope we will have some more in the future!

Question still is, what is my greatest personal PT moment? Like I said, I had many, but I very special to me was the way I got welcomed around here. So enthousiastic, and you really felt like a newbie, because everyone seemed to know each other already. But then you soon get to know everyone else, and you're there to welcome every other newbie. You feel you become part of this great group. And that was a really nice feeling. It still is, by the way.

*hugs everyone*
Denial is not a river in Africa.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think mine was when I first joined and found Grondy and Plastic had replied to my first post, welcoming me to the site. Being invited onto the Council was very special too.

Wow, did I use to welcome new members? I must have been a lot nicer back then... now I wait til they catch my eye and amuse me before I say anything (in case you hadn't noticed).

Now let me think, greatest PT moment.... I think the first time I got into a real (and I mean real, we didn't have any rules back then) slanging match with Balrog, that was fun. Or it could be when I logged in briefly having been away for a couple of months after a nasty breakup and a period of homelessness to find people had been missing me and asking where I was. Or perhaps my favourite quote (again from Balrog) "That bloke from Devon's getting really annoying now". Great moments all of them...
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Celebrian

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I haven't had one yet.... :juggling:

TomBombadillo

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Shows how long Plastic's been around for one: I don't think I ever met Balrog. :P: God I feel like a newbie again. lol :grin:

I haven't had one yet....

Haven't had one great PT moment yet, Celebrian? Come on, you gotta be kidding me! Maybe you just don't remember? :juggleemot:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “Website General Discussion”