The NEW Planet-Tolkien.com

Ross

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

All wine tastes like vinegar to me, however the best whiskey's take longer to age and improve all the time. Hmmmm whiii-ssss-keyyy.
Sod off I'm busy!

grondmaster

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just think it would be far more convenient if those icons were present, and available for use in the preview post feature as well.
That is true, but it doesn't take much work to memorize the code characters that those buttons make b, i, u, quote, and url are the most frequentlty used to start the change and the same letters preceded by a / to terminate them. And of course each set of the code is enclosedin square brackets.

Still having both them and the smilies would be convenient in preview mode, except you have all the smilies avalable if you have opened their window by clicking on 'More smilies...' prior to going to preview mode.
'Share and enjoy'

Snape

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Some great ideas / pointers there Tom, thank-you.

TomBombadillo

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It sounds like a giant task to me indeed, but it all sounds pretty amazing now... :P:

As for adding anything, I don't know if it's possible, but about those communities. Perhaps there could be some foreign languages community (I keep going on about this, isn't it? lol :P: ) where you can start e.g. a Dutch community, with a moderator who speaks the language, and where Dutch native speakers can post questions, chat or talk about Tolkien-related things. I don't know if it's possible, or managable, or even necessary, but it's an idea that popped up.

Oh, and a few intelligent games might be nice, you know, trivia ones, or word puzzles... Maybe there could be a weekle word puzzle, designed by someone (not necessarily a council member of course, you got enough work as it is) and the members (or maybe even visitors too) can solve the puzzle and there could be a hall of fame (perhaps based on the speed of filling the puzzle in), or just for fun. A word puzzle is really nice. :juggleemot:

Just saying what I have on my mind right now, I don't know about who else thinks this is a good or a bad or a whatever idea... :cool:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Snape

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Okay a 'Games' section has been added to my list of things to do.

rednell

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh, and a few intelligent games might be nice, you know, trivia ones, or word puzzles...

By word puzzle, I assume you mean crossword puzzle since there are various Tolkien related word games in the Ivy Bush.
We also have Grondy's trivia game under General Discussion. That being said, I think it would be great to have link to a trivia question of the day on the home page. :smoke:

Snape

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If you can try and sort out the problems with caht if you can.
Sorry I'm lost here, problems with what?

Darous

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If you can try and sort out the problems with caht if you can.
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

Ross

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Why fix what's not broken?
Sod off I'm busy!

Return to “Website General Discussion”