How was PT started?

HobbitHomie05

How was PT started?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:21 pm

Who came up with Planet-Tolkien and how did The Council form?? When did it start??

I was just thinking last night about this and wanted to find out so if you know please tell me!! I want to know!!

Vee

How was PT started?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:27 pm

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...... sat Tarrant, and he stretched forth his hands and behold, the the monitor glowed and he saw that it glowed and it was good. Then Tarrant, being of almost sound mind.....

HobbitHomie05

How was PT started?

Post#3 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:30 am

Hehehehehehe!!!! Okay some real answers now but that was funny Vee!!!!

Snape

How was PT started?

Post#4 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:51 am

About five or so years ago I started a website called, "Tolkiens-Middle-Earth.co.uk". It wasn't much and was my first dabble in web-design and the Internet, in honesty. However, the site did quite well and I reformed it to become "Tolkiens-Realm.co.uk". This is where the website really started to take off! After a couple of years, we had a strong community and enough content to start thinking about making the site more dynamic and fun. Thus came Planet-Tolkien.com using a postnuke engine, until today where we now shine completely pure, ready to take on the web!

HobbitHomie05

How was PT started?

Post#5 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:27 pm

so taz you started it and the other council members just were visiters to the site and decided to become council people??

Oh and another question what happened to the site it's all different!!!

crystle caves

How was PT started?

Post#6 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:54 pm

" website is currently under-construction, please be patient."

loni

How was PT started?

Post#7 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:47 pm

My my, you're very mature today, Crystle Caves. I've just responded to your thread where you said about a plan against maturity. What's wrong? Have you been taking your medication or something?

Snape

How was PT started?

Post#8 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:12 am

So taz you started it and the other council members just were visiters to the site and decided to become council people??
Oh and another question what happened to the site it's all different!!!

The council members or should I say, to start with, 'member'. Were people who I asked to help administrate around the forum and help with gathering LotR Movie News sources. At some point we came up with the idea of "Council Members" and from there on the idea grew.

The website is being redesigned as the previous layout was thought to be a bit confusing.

loni

How was PT started?

Post#10 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:49 pm

And suddenly, all the planet-Tolkien members who are girls swarm all over tarrant and smother him face with smooches! Tarrant runs away.
No, just jokes. Tarrant, you really are a genius. I would invent a website but I know nothing about them, and there's certainly enough already (Kind of like Tolkien biographies and guides to Middle-earth. DId you know there are 103 Tolkien-related books in the Hamilton libraries in NEw Zealand?)

Return to “Website General Discussion”