idiot

Amras

idiot

Post#1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Overall, I like Lord of the Rings. However, I do feel that Tolkien kind of rips off Harry Potter in many ways. There are several parallels, such as elves, dwarfs, wizards, goblins, trolls, magic (especially invisibility), etc. Sauron is referred to as “Dark Lord” just like Voldemort is. There is also the elder white-haired bearded wizard who serves as a mentor, Gandalf, who is reminiscent of Dumbledore. Some of the character names are similar, such as Wormtongue as opposed to Wormtail, too. There is even a gigantic spider (Shelob) at the end of “The Two Towers” that reminds one of Aragog from Chamber of Secrets. I even noticed that the plots of both series begin with the protagonists’ birthday. Now I see that Tolkien, this unoriginal bastard, is coming out with The Hobbit in December. This would be fine, but why didn’t he just write this book first to begin with? I still like Lord of the Rings, though–don’t get me wrong–but I wonder if Tolkien has ever said in interviews whether he borrowed elements from Harry Potter. I’ll be watching the extended DVDs later this week and I think he’s featured on the commentary track, so I look forward to that.
I can't wait till he discovers 007 wasn't a historical character; he's

Gror_Falkbeard

idiot

Post#2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Hahaha, that made my day

LOL

Of mankinds demise,
Or in times of despair,
The sun shall rise,
All shall be made fair.

glorfindel

idiot

Post#3 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 pm

This is a joke being posted across the internet.

Amras

idiot

Post#4 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Rowling is like 60 years younger than  Tolkien. Tolkien Finished his last  MAJOR book in 1977, posthumously. After that Rowling did her stinking pottter series, in the  late  90's. How the heck did Tolkien copy Rowling if he was already deceased? It is the other way around, Rowling copied Tolkien.!That guy can not tell time in centuries. Gosh, no wonder why i named this forum the Idiot.

Amras

idiot

Post#5 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Amras

idiot

Post#6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Another complete buffoon and also all of you can tell a Harry Stinker fan. A moron and a Idiot like the name of the Forum.    but thanks to Mister Idiot we have humour in our Life,

Thanks,

complete Idiot

Amras

idiot

Post#7 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Amras

idiot

Post#8 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm

I Am with you Gandalf all the way. Knock out that clone that is trying to supplant you!

curufinwe

idiot

Post#9 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 am

Well, if they each stood facing each other from 100 yards away, Gandalf would have to go from humble old man to full mair badass. That other one just has to point his wand to do basically anything, which means Gandalf would have to actually use his power. If it was any other type of fight, Gandalf could probably kill the other guy without leaving his humble old man. However, being able to do harry potter spell casting gives what's his name a lot of points in other areas. He can do lots of... things with his wand, like teleport (maybe?) and other stuff. Gandalf as an old man probably loses in the end, of course, as a mair spirit he is far, far beyond anything a mortal man can achieve. Would harry potter spells even work on him? I really know nothing about harry potter, but I have a feeling that an analysis would show that Gandalf as a mair is in fact invulnerable to spells. Most importantly, however, is the swag that Gandalf has. The other guy is a freking headmaster at a schoolcool while Gandalf is a wandering badass. Unfortunately, we don't know how magic works in Middle-earth (Gandalf can shoot fire out of his staff, that is all we know).

Balrogs R Us

idiot

Post#10 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Well as funny as this is, I should clarify that this is fake and was made by what's known as a troll. Basically this one succeeded at their purpose in life...pissing off the internet. You can tell by the grammar. Anyone who writes with decent enough grammar will know good and well that LOTR came before Harry Potter. It is just illogical in every sense of the word...but is a perfect angle for a troll.

So when Tolkien fans encourage trolls like this just to call Harry Potter fans idiots...it doesn't make either party look good. And I have to say Tolkien fans are definitely a bit more...touchy.

Don't encourage internet trolls!! The only way to defeat them is to ignore them.

And yes I am a professional troll hunter, as was my father before me.

Return to “Website General Discussion”