The Council

MelliotSandybanks

The Council

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well Glorfinel, we are glad that we found you too. We are looking forward to reading more of your posts. Welcome to the family.

Glorfinel

The Council

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I must say, as a fairly really new member, I have surfed this site a lot and I really like the community gathered here. Very cool people with casual and respectful, but fun attitudes. The Council Members are very friendly, in fact, I think that it was one of them that invited me to join when I commented on the coolness of the 100 qwestion quiz. The resources here are wonderful. This is my favorite site. I visit at laest once a day and I am never sorry to do so. So many different but thoughtful POVs. It's like looking into the facets of a Silmaril. :D I am really glad to have found you all.

Glor... fin... el? Darn... Well, I can accept my flaw with spell check, now... But whacking orcs still makes me feel good! BAM! BAM! BAMBAMBAM!!! Yeah... Take that, Orc-face.

raptor

The Council

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't think I can add much to all that's been said till now.You people are all great,and.....*drops a tear*...snifff...love you all.Talking in here is really helping,and,as Grondy said,I feel like family in here.

Samwisegamgee

The Council

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I agree with all of the wonderful comments about PT. It really is a great community. I really liked what Nell said, ''that we all need each other" that is so true. I really do need my PT friends. You are wonderful people that have really helped me though some rough times. Thank You.
Mellie

Absolutlely Mellie! I also agree with what Gimli said about the Council Members being just like everyone else. Thank you PT!

valedhelgwath

The Council

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thank you, Princess_Luthien, that's very kind of you. We try hard to make this site what it is, but I think your initial thanks to Taz went to the right place. Without Taz, and all the time he spends holding this site together, the rest of us on the Council would just be headless chickens really.

And don't forget the site does not end with the Council. Every member who posts something on these boards is contributing something too. Without all of the members this site would lose its soul.

gimli_axe_wielder

The Council

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Maybe its because I was here before there was a council.. but one thing I always like about this place is that the council members are just like everyone else.... some sites you go to. those in charge seem to be a notch above the rest.... not necessarily by choice, thats just the way it tends to work... but I alway consider you guys to be the same as the rest of us!!!
GRONDY WORSHIPER

Princess_Lùthien

The Council

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes, I do agree with Gimli, all of you Council members act just like everyone else. And that's why I love this site and it's members!! :) :P: :D :cool:

grondmaster

The Council

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

We try harder to be hardly trying. :elfbiggrin:

Seriously though, Taz did the initial picking of the original council members and we picked a few more who were like minded to make this a fun place to visit, rather than just another stodgy old library filled with facts, dust, and cobwebs. :elfcool:
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

The Council

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Woohoo! Thanks Dad! ;)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

PlasticSquirrel

The Council

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'd like to be a notch above the rest, I like the idea, just cos I'm common as muck doesn't mean I can't be a notch higher does it? Alright, maybe it does. And this site would truly be nothing without it's marvellous membership. Keep on growing PT!
*likes stodgy old libraries filled with facts, dust, and cobwebs*
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Return to “Website General Discussion”