Become a Community Supporter!

Post#1 » Sun May 23, 2004 6:45 am

Dear Members,

For those of you who have helped support the website by becoming a 'Community Supporter', I thank you. Unfortunately there aren't that many of you, this is due to many reasons, obviously money being the larger one but we feel that £1 a month isn't too much to impose as a donation to help support us with the costs of running the website.

However, one of the other large problems was the system we were using called PayPal. After a thorough investigation we have found that many of the members have tried to become community supporters but during PayPal's registration process have had trouble and quit.

Solution? No more PayPal. All existing community members who signed-up using PayPal have had their subscriptions cancelled and are now normal members again. We have since implemented a secure payment provider that accepts all credit and debit cards. It is now much simpler to help us and become a community supporter...

Once logged in scroll to the bottom of your Account Home page, you will see a button that says "Upgrade Membership". Click-it, enter your card details and WOOHOO, done. You will be taken straight back to PT and get that cool little 'supporter' badge next to all your forum posts! Oh, and a big thank you from me :)

So please, those who can help us please do, it does make a difference.

In Fellowship,
The Council

Post#2 » Sun May 23, 2004 9:44 am

Sorry I don't have a credit card and my parents would never let me use their and I don't have a job so my money I got for christmas and my birthday would run out and I'd have to undo my community membership!! But I have promised myself that when I get older and have a credit card I will become a community supporter!!! That is if this site is still around and I'm still interested in it!!!

Post#3 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:06 am

Ehm, yeah, I sorta have the same problem here. I haven't asked my parents yet, but I will, and I suppose it should be allright if I pay them back (which I can, luckily). So I'll check back on this soon.

Post#4 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:53 pm

Being a Community Supporter is fun. Plus, everyone is doing it. At least the cool people..... lol. I don't think I could be considered cool, but I am a Supporter. My point it, be a supporter! (that took a needlessly involved series of words for such a small point!)

I Eldar ná i anvanya.

Post#5 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:32 pm

Yeah its really great!! Alot of people are becoming community members now!! It's sooo great!! Maybe it was the avatar thing?

Post#6 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:45 am

Well what ever it was people are, and it is great that there are more and more supporting PT.
I will never raise the white flag.

Post#7 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:22 pm

and it is great that there are more and more supporting PT

I'll second that one Stoney! It is great to see so many here becoming supporters, PT needed it!
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Post#8 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:17 pm

How about adding a yearly rate of 12 pounds? Or specify an amount over 12 pounds?

I would feel more comfortable (here in the USA) doing this then doing a monthly deduction.

Post#9 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:07 am

Aiya guys:

I would also like to know if there si the chance of having a yearly fee insted of having it monthly.

in fact I would like to be asked every year about it, cause sometimes card numbers change ;) .

if that´s posible I think it could be a great alternative. please let me know!!!! :elfbiggrin:

Post#10 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:55 am

Isn't it possible to open an account purely to pay PT each month? You could pay in £12 and just set up the payment out for £1 per month.

Return to “Website News”