Obviously we are back online.

grondmaster

Post#1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Well, we are back online today with only a few errors, which Grep is still working on. Please bear with us on these. And that's bear as in "ursa", not bare as in "moon". :elfbiggrin:

You may use this this thread to report new errors if you wish.

I have already informed him of the icon errors above the post input box; and also the "vote for us" problems.
'Share and enjoy'

leelee

Post#2 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:05 pm

What a dreadful feeling when I logged on a couple of days ago and saw the message. It was such an empty feeling really.
I thought of dear Grondy and the rest of you and realized how incredibly sad I would be if this site was truly gone forever.
I am profoundly grateful to log on today. Hugs to everyone.

Sian

Post#3 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Amen, Leelee. I kept checking every day waiting till everyone was back. I hope everyone had a good new year.

cloveress

Post#4 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:13 am

And me too! I checked every day. What a pleasant sight it was that greeted me a minute ago seeing the wonderful golden background again..

Did anyone else notice that we're now planet-tolkien.net (and not .com)?

mellon

Post#5 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:46 am

Did anyone else notice that we're now planet-tolkien.net (and not .com)?
No Clover i didn't ..but I'm just thrilled we 're back :)
HEYA ALL :wavehello:

Sian

Post#6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:22 am

Heya Mellon and Clover! :)

Grep

Post#7 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Basically I forgot to change the debit card information our ISP had when my card was defrauded a few months back - the really good news is that I've managed to move us to an ISP which costs 45 quid a year, rather than the 600 quid a year I have been paying. This is terrific news for me - it means I can actually afford to keep PT going! Not only that but I might be able to get some of the changes we need doing since I'll have a bit of spare cash to spend on it.

Grep

Post#8 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Which is a point - I need to switch us back to the .com address on sunday so the website will probably be going offliine for a couple of hours around midday GMT (we're also available at planet-tolkien.info, planet-tolkien.biz, and planet-tolkien.com, tolkienmovie.com, hobbitsmovie.com by the way).

Gimli_man43

Post#9 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 pm

I am very glad this site is back online, I was waiting for weeks. I probably saw it the first day this all happened, and i am glad we are back on! :D

grondmaster

Post#10 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Me too !!! :elfwink:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “Website News”