Tolkien Society links to PT

Snape

Post#1 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 am

It's taken us thirteen years, but today the Tolkien Society has recognised Planet Tolkien as a "Major Tolkien-related" website and added us to their links page.

I have looked at the Planet Tolkien website, of which I had been aware previously, and I like the look of it. It has clearly been a bit of an oversight on my part not to have linked to it already, so I have added a link from our links page... because Planet Tolkien seems to me a good website, I have slightly rearranged the links page and placed it in the new category of major Tolkien related sites.

rho

Post#2 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 am

congratulations

Thorin Oakenshield

Post#3 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:32 am

Hooray!!! Cheers for Good old PT and to all those who have contributed to make this an awesome site down the years!!! :pary:
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

grondmaster

Post#4 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Whoop! :flamejump: Whoop! :flamejump:
'Share and enjoy'

rednell

Post#5 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Fantastic news!! This has been a long time coming and the timing is great. Congrats, Planet-Tolkien. :)

leelee

Post#6 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:39 pm

So, how i is going then, any updates from these awe inspiring people concerning us? Just wondering. Also, for the last four days or so I feel like I am completely alone in the halls of Mandos, just calling and calling for all of you. Did everyone get early holiday?

alana

Post#7 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:47 am

Oh leeLee, my dear,,I know what you mean...sometimes it seems we have been abandoned...well i guess people are busy,,,,well, i am still here my darling...though I dont have much to say, except hello...and hope you are well....and you are never alone......

Heh, I 've just thought of something.....I must start a new thread for "useless trivia"....did you know that the actor  Robert Hardy...(who played Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic in Harry Potter), attended Oxford in the 1940's..where he studied Anglo-saxon...and,,guess who his tutor was?.....(well, no prizes for this one).....

Are you not glad i told you that ?...haha....

(no, probably not.....lol)

Take care, my dear....

Snape

Post#8 » Sat May 21, 2011 1:44 am

You're not alone, these periods happen :) PT has recently been promoted to the number one position (after wikipedia) when searching for the keyword "Tolkien" on Google (in the UK, not sure about US or elsewhere). That and the increased interest around the production of the Hobbit movies we should see a lot of new members joining.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#9 » Sat May 21, 2011 6:00 am

Magnificent news, so cheers!

It's good that this site is popular, 'cause it truly deserves to be.

So, congratulations. The wanderer bows.

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

leelee

Post#10 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:43 am

Merci Alana, and the trivia thing sounds fun. Only how can there ever be any useless trivia concerning anything about Tolkien large or small eh?indecision

Taz it is good to hear your voice. I have often been tempted to corner you and ask you a zillion questions and write it up. Once a women's editor and now free lance I admit to getting itchy fingers and wanting to tell everyone about you. But you seem elusive and rather a hermit on here. :)

I have a proposition for our Tolkien family. Just as you would not want to neglect your real at home family and be away so that there is pain and anxiety, I am thinking you , I , we, could make a commitment to visit this site so much every week and really did in there in the forums and do our research and make this place sizzle with the electricity that our professor always generated.

We cannot stay on top if we all take vacations and forget to come back, now can we? This place is rare and awesome and worth our hard work and energy, don't you agree?

Return to “Website News”