Your Journal

Snape

Your Journal

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Got the avatars working, here is an example link of one of my journals, let me know what you think..

http://www.planet-tolkien.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=journal&file=index&showjournal=true&journalid=44

Snape

Your Journal

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The "View other Members journal" link is now working.

grondmaster

Your Journal

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It is a brand new function that Taz has just now started for us. :orcsmilie:

To get there, use the menu on the upper left of here and click on [u]My Account[/u] under Main Menu, and then click on [u]Your Journal[/u] under 'This is your personal Area!' near the top of the page, and there you are. It is still under development (Beta Version)and may receive more bells and whistles with the passage of time. :elfcool:
'Share and enjoy'

Snape

Your Journal

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Great, I hope our members start using this section as it could be quite fun! If you think of any other features that could be added to it please reply with them and I will see what I can do :orcsmilie:

Allyssa

Your Journal

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Just a question Taz, when we go into our Journal section, will that cause our custom avatars to be reset?
"May the Angels Guide"

Snape

Your Journal

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nope, only changing your settings in "My Account" > "Change your info". The journal is safe :D

gimli_axe_wielder

Your Journal

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

This is very cool.. two things i noticed.. when I typed my first entry, it put a funny / in the title..... i dont think i put it there origional, but i could be wrong.... Ill keep you posted if it does it to me again..

the second thing, and this is just an idea.. but probably complex.... You have it that you can search for a person to see their journal.. is their any other way... like a pull down menu of members... or something... my only thought is that i often foget exactly how people spell their names... and also.. I know a lot of people here.. it will talke me ages to search each person... maybe we can have a buddy list to check, or something like that... sorta like your Top ten.. i liked that idea... maybe a list of who has made a new entry recently...

just some thoughts... I love the idea though!!!
GRONDY WORSHIPER

Snape

Your Journal

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ignore the slash, it needs to be there when you have quotes and ' those... It will not be in there when you view your journal only the preview. As for the buddy idea, working on it now my friend *Hope your feeling better* :D

MelliotSandybanks

Your Journal

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Do you have an option, to where you can add to a journal, after you posted an entry. Maybe, to an on going one? For like the same topic. I noticed that Amarië put her listing of her posts. Will she be able to just add to it, or just have to keep making new journal entries to keep it updated.

Oh and Plastic: Qu'est-que ce c-wolvs en anglais?

TomBombadillo

Your Journal

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:wavehello:

Hi, it's silly me popping in again. It's weekend, you know, and I'm back. (hopefully not for long, I can hear you think :tongueelf: )

Hmm. This journal thing sounds really cool, must try it sometime. Really curious to know what y'all writing! :elfbiggrin:

I just love these new smilies by the way. Well, they're new to me anyway. :orcgin:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “Website News”