Read this

PlasticSquirrel

Read this

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Lotr vs Hard-boiled egg, both take too long and are a bit of a let-down when they're finally done! And in JK Rowling's defence, she did not nick Harry Potter's name froom the other book, it was the name of a kid she knew when she was growing up, and she always liked the name. True story!
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

chikakat

Read this

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

it's pretty possible to compare any two things you want...probably if you thought about it long enough, you could compare LotR to a hardboiled egg...two things that are very unique often make the best measure for each other.

swampfaye

Read this

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If you didn't like Harry Potter, you didn't watch the background... that was enough to entertain me, though the story was slow, the visual effects and cinematography were fantastic

PlasticSquirrel

Read this

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

And I think the story was talking about Movie ratings etc. In which they are both competing this year. Plus both (in the movies anyway) borrow from each other heavily. lucas having used similar ideas to Tolkien in his tale of good vs Evil, and Jackson using techniques and shooting angles that would never have ben possible without Lucas and ILM.

Mark-TM

Read this

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Jesi:

You do have a point but you couldnt say one is better than the other as i have already explained....

Ungoliant

Read this

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I must admit the visuals were great, but after a while I got bored. The exact moment - after the frog jumped out the window. I only woke up during the Quidditch game, cos it reminded me of school. But hopefully the next one will be better.

PlasticSquirrel

Read this

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I liked it cos it didn't remind me of school at all. But of the sort of thing school would have been had I enjoyed it :D (Though Hogwarts did look just like my old school)

TomBombadillo

Read this

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If the Star Wars trilogy is better than FotR, I guess I'll have to go and see it, cos FotR is the best film I've ever seen so far. (no, I'm exaggerating here, but the trilogy will definetely end up high in my top 5).
HP sucks bigtime, not only the film, but the books too. I started reading The Filosophers Stone, but I didn't even get to the fifth chapter. B-o-r-i-n-g! :)
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Ungoliant

Read this

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

No, I think he liked it Tommy.

Boring

Read this

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So thats why I like Potter so much tommy? :D

Return to “General Discussion”