Harry Potter

#1ElijahLover

Harry Potter

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

sorry anatea(seajewel) i do not agree with the books. the postAuthorID went to school to learn whitch craft.:mad2: :mad:
or so i heard. but thats not my only reason. i have heard religon is banded from this site so i will no longer contiue. i am shuting up.:paranoid:

Amarië

Harry Potter

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

the postAuthorID went to school to learn whitch craft.
My dear I-belive-everything-I-read-on-the-internet. If you had bothered to even glanse at a HP book you would see that JKRs books contains nothing of what your are insinuating they do. All her spells are made up and there is nothing even hinting towards ANY religion what-so-ever, and do not encurage kids to learn witch-craft and serve the devil. It is not that kind of witches and wizards they learn to became AT ALL!! And there are no foot-notes telling kids where to look up more about witch-craft. It's all lies.

All she is learning the kids is to be true to their hearts, to speak out agains racism and dicrimination and bullying, to look after those who are weaker, to take care of your friends and be nice to people even if they are different, if you get to know them you might be pleasently surpriced, AND the kids are enjoying themselves while learning this!

Sit down and read one of the book befor you go shooting of your mouth like that.
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

PlasticSquirrel

Harry Potter

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Okay guys, lets calm down, obviously, to constructively criticise anything, you do need to have read it, everyone knows that. It's why I read the HP books in the first place, so I could slag them off, unfortunately, I couldn't, as they are in fact very, very good, and I have yet to meet anyone who has taken the time to read them that says otherwise. However, this is no place to have a slanging ,match about whether it is great or not.

However, it is decidedly not true that JK Rowling ever went to school to learn witch craft. That sort of thing does not happen in the real world. Mainly because there is no such thing, unless you count the Wicca religion, which is actually quite interesting, and mostly to do with tree-huging and stuff really. Bit drippy, but no less valid than any other religious belief in my opinion.

Lets shake hands and be nice okay?
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Amarië

Harry Potter

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah you’re right as usual Plastic. Just felt I had to kill the lie before it spread (further).. I know I’m short tempered, I’m sorry. :(
A few years ago before I had read anything of HP, I heard these rumours too but didn't believe them. It does of course depend on where you heard the rumours. I just read them, if I’d been told about it I might have felt different. I did however believe there were footnotes in the books, but that they were pointing to something less anti-christish then the rumours told. Maybe pointing to a story from where she got a spell or something. Got a bit disappointed when I found out it wasn't true actually..

Of course yelling and shouting at someone is not a good way to get the massage through, but I'm a lemming; tiny and cute but can explode any minute if I feel provoked somehow. I'm sorry that me biting your head of was the first greeting you got from me in here. Believe it or not, but I'd defend you with teeth and claws if anyone had been telling lies or harassing you #1ElijahLover. If this had been a real life conversation about the matter, we would have shouted and growled a bit, then we’d agree on something and everything would be fine. Now only the shouting is visible, but I’m usually a nice and trustworthy girl who tries to see both sides of the story.

And I like your poems too btw, I really do.

*reaching out for #1ElijahLovers hand*

Hmm.. just realized I probably won't be online for a while now 'cause of my sisters wedding and lack of internet at my apartment. Glad I got to say I'm sorry, and I hope me sounding like a b**ch doesn't stop you from wanting to come here and speak your mind about things. :(
"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

#1ElijahLover

Harry Potter

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i have heard religon is banded from this site so i will no longer contiue. i am shuting up.:paranoid:

i do not mean hers[JKR]. i mean mine. and thanx for appologizing, i accept. ;) and they are just whitch craft and about it and all but i cannot start a disscussion about this whithout bringing up God, Christ, And the Bible. even so i have no wish of my own to read them.

#1ElijahLover

Harry Potter

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

And I like your poems too btw, I really do.

*reaching out for #1ElijahLovers hand*

you do? thanx so much! you are really nice!!! :D

PlasticSquirrel

Harry Potter

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i have heard religon is banded from this site so i will no longer contiue. i am shuting up.:paranoid:

i do not mean hers[JKR]. i mean mine. and thanx for appologizing, i accept. ;) and they are just whitch craft and about it and all but i cannot start a disscussion about this whithout bringing up God, Christ, And the Bible. even so i have no wish of my own to read them.

I think it is a dreadful shame that you allow your beliefs to stop you even giving these books a chance, back in the '60s people made the same claims against Tolkien, despite his being a devout christian. And to be fair, the magic and "witchcraft" as you call it aspect, is much the same. It is a book free of religious doctrine, same as Lotr, and should not infringe upon your beliefs.As I already said, I think it's awful that you refuse to read something in case it upsets your beliefs. I for one am famously an atheist, but I have read both the Bible, the Koran, the Torah, a whole bunch of books on Zen and even the book of Mormon in my thirst for knowledge, surely you can give them a chance and not just blindly refuse to read them? Literature is literature, it's not about religion, just good stories, and decent morals (if you're lucky)
Okay, I don't think that was too religious was it? No, good, well I hope you take my advice #1Elijahlover, as it is a pity people so often dismiss things out of hand without giving them a chance.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

#1ElijahLover

Harry Potter

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

even so i have no wish of my own to read them.

it is true. HP does not what so ever intrest me. a boy going to a school to learn how to become a wizard. i see no entertainment in this. besides i feel that it is a little below me in a way. ;) as in to childish.I am at a stage were i need to read about "girls going thourgh what i am going thourgh". not a boy trying to become a wizard and all. i need more than this at this age.i have no really good reason for not reading it except i have no intrist in it and i feel that i should not. i know what an uproar this will cause and every were i go it does. but until i can find a good answer to your satisfaction plastic squrril & everyone who agrees i might as well say nothing else cause what i have said already will be thrown in my face. :paranoid:

grondmaster

Harry Potter

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Do I hear the cry of someone wallowing in their martyrdom? :elfroleeyes:

Probably not, just someone frustrated that they can't read about Harry's friend Hermione, who is the smartest person in his class and while trying to keep Harry out of trouble, she also becomes involved in the conspiracy to thwart the evil doers in the series. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “General Discussion”