Hello

PlasticSquirrel

Hello

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Rincewind was here to welcome me as a newbie, I think Boring was as well.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

Hello

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

WOW! Is PT *that* old? :P
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Allyssa

Hello

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Just curious, how old is P-t?:0
"May the Angels Guide"

PlasticSquirrel

Hello

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well it was pretty new when I joined in 2000 so it's around 2 years old now, though Taz may wish to argue with this as he may have been doing it for longer. (There used to be a lengthy history of it around here somewhere, but I think it's gone now.)

grondmaster

Hello

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I first visited the site at the end of January 2001 and this forum was going strong. This forum was my first, as I had never visited a bulletin board before and still haven't figured out proper etiquette. :grin:nn[Edited on 17/4/2002 by Taz]
'Share and enjoy'

Snape

Hello

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

What we see as Planet-Tolkien now, first launched in 1998 with the website "Tolkiens-Middle-Earth.co.uk". About 1999 we grew extensively and remoulded ourselves into "Tolkiens-Realm.co.uk". Planet-Tolkien became in 2000.

TomBombadillo

Hello

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think I joined PT somewhere in the end of 2000, can that be true? You were there Plastic, and had been around for quite a while, cos I remember your number of posts being very very high. I don't recall Grondy being there though. And one_white_tree was there, just like Boring and Gandalf and Taz, and loads of other people whose name I have unfortunately forgotten. Do you remember onewhitetree, Grondy? If you don't, I was here before you! :grin

grondmaster

Hello

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes Tree was a moderator when I first joined. I suggested she lighten up, and the next thing I remember she was gone to some other board. I still wonder if I chased her away.
'Share and enjoy'

TomBombadillo

Hello

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Onewhitetree a moderator? Hmmm. My memory's letting me down again. I remember Gandalf NL as a moderator, don't you Plastic? And there was the Karen thing, which I seem to remember as well. (it was Karen, wasn't it? Or was that onewhitetree?) :hahaha:

PlasticSquirrel

Hello

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Bloody Karen, yeah I remember her...
And Tree used to try to half-heartedly convert me as well, but she gave up. SHe doesn't even post over at Minas Morgul or Fangorn anymore, I think she's dissappeared forever. I never knew it was you that chased her away Grond.
A good test of how long you've been around here is whether or not you remember the infamous Balrog, or my dear old mate Earendil.

Return to “General Discussion”