What do you like better, the book or the movie???

Azadhel

Post#51 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:01 pm

Um... yes!
I love your purple wings. Are you flying my way?
Namärie!Quel marth mellonamin,
Merin sa haryallë alassë!
Namarië!
A.Z.

Ar-Edain

Post#52 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:09 pm

i agree with everything az and ladyfe just said,mainly because ive always thought self improvement was a good thing,and lets face it reading is more helpful to ur mind(unless like me u lost urs)and if it werent fer the books i cudnt get people to leave me alone by speaking Elvish A! Elbereth Gilthoniel! i no that wont work on yall but its fun 2 say,Tolkien is the master of writing,i as a fellow writer bow my head and weep in shame for his greatness,but PJ did at least make LOTR a name every1 knows,but thanks 2 him i cant get my idea of the characters' proper image when i read the books! (does any1 but me think i type like a split personality cause im startin 2 scare myself?)

Azadhel

Post#53 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:13 pm

I thought you were. You seem like a split personality to me. Of whom, is the question. You speak elvish mighty fine, my lad. Excellent pronounciation and all. Do any of you speak another language?

Namarië!

A.Z.

Ar-Edain

Post#54 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:27 pm

but i dont think im a split personality i just think i change my mind alot,i dont refer to myself as we and i dont change my name or blood type with my mood fer no reason

Azadhel

Post#55 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:58 pm

Well, we do think you are an alter ego. But the two of you are nice people, worry not. About the mood changes, are you sure you don´t change your blood type? Do you remember being sooo angry at someone? Almost hating her or him? Well, if you don´t its because your calmed self is active right now. Trust us, we know.

Namarië!

A.Z.

loni

Post#56 » Sat May 01, 2004 8:54 pm

Well, this thread topic has certainly changed!

I HATE the movies.....I LOVE the books! J.R.R. Tolkien RULES!!!! All hail to our old master!

Couldn't've said it better.

ainulindhe

Post#57 » Sun May 02, 2004 12:05 am

The movies are just a pale shadow of the delicate beauty and wonder that the books have-they are like the shell of a turtle in some ways-they show the form of the creation, but are not the creation in its entirety. The movies are not verbatum to the books, but if they were, they'd be eight hours long instead of 3+. And still the heart of the stories could not be captured properly.

That said, the books are better, if only for being pure in form.

Ar-Edain

Post#58 » Tue May 04, 2004 8:01 pm

i attempted to be like tolkien 1nce fer the love of somethin never try anythin that hard!ALL HAIL TOLKIEN! a person who i wud never talk if it hadnt been fer

Amarië

Post#59 » Tue May 04, 2004 11:58 pm

Pleace take a look at these very important news. Ar-edain I would like you to take a look at nr 7 on this list.
(Do not comment the content of this link in this thread.)

Ar-edian, what do you mean you tired to be like Tolkien? It looks like you have posted befor you were done writing. "If it had no been for...??" :elfconfused:
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Azadhel

Post#60 » Wed May 05, 2004 2:12 pm

The movies are better because they have real people doing things that, otherwise, could not be believable. You see that the wars are really cruel and violent. That the journey is in fact long and tiresome. Actors doing those jumps and tumbles make me Believe that those things in the book are possible and concrete. I think that actor... Orlando Bloom I think, had to go through excesive amounts of training to get on the horse the way he does in The Two Towers. The book can´t show you that.

Namarië!

A.Z.

Return to “General Discussion”