swords and wielders

elfwine

swords and wielders

Post#1 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:36 pm

can anybody name the sword and who used/carried it besides the folowing characters: Eomer : ) , Aragorn, Elendil, Gandalf, frodo, bilbo, Theoden, Beren, Eol, Thingol, Thorin, Beleg, Turin, and Fingolfin? anything would probably help, thanks
-I do not know how it will all end... I fear that it will go ill for us.

~Navaer~

loni

swords and wielders

Post#2 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:43 pm

Uh.....whatchamacallit by thingummy? Look in 'Unfinished Tales.' I read it but I don't remember another one, but there might be some there.

valedhelgwath

swords and wielders

Post#3 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:43 pm

I know they're not a swords, but Gil-galad had the spear Aeglos and Tuor had the battleaxe Dramborleg.

Also, as he's not on your list... Turgon, the original owner of Gandalf's sword Glamdring.

elfwine

swords and wielders

Post#4 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:27 pm

ive checked HoME (unfinished tales, lost road, shaping of ME) but havent found any additional

~Navaer~

grondmaster

swords and wielders

Post#5 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:33 pm

Other than Beleg also carrying the bow, Belthronding and that Grond was Morgoth's Mace, I think you have them all covered. However, I once thought I saw the weapon of Huor or Hurin mentioned in one of The Silmarillion's battles. But of course I may be wrong as I could never find it again.
'Share and enjoy'

bugyfeanor

swords and wielders

Post#6 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:44 pm

I know it ain't a sword, yet Dramborleg, the Axe of Tuor, seems a nice weapon nonetheless...
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

grondmaster

swords and wielders

Post#7 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:15 pm

I was probablly thinking of Tuor's axe in my last post.

The weapon list found in the Encyclopedia of Arda is quite definitive. Look under 'Items' and then under 'Weapons and Arms'. :elfcool:
'Share and enjoy'

elfwine

swords and wielders

Post#8 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:35 pm

thanks for all the other weapons, but im on a mission to find specifically swords (its a complicated bet going on between friends)

~Navaer~

Tyrhael

swords and wielders

Post#9 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:09 pm

Are your friends book-fans or movie-fans?
In the movies, Arwen bore a sword named Hadhafang, Throng-cleaver. According to the Lost Road, there was such a name for a sword, but I was unable to find if Tolkien ever wrote of it being wielded.

loni

swords and wielders

Post#10 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:22 pm

How the heck did you know that?

Return to “General Discussion”