Elven Crests

Azadhel

Elven Crests

Post#1 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:58 pm

I did my Thesis on Tolkien´s Elves. Once, looking for information I ran into a site with Family emblems of the major Elvish races. Sadly, I only saved Fëanor´s Crest, for I thought that would be the only one Iwould need for my work. Well, it turned out that I didn´t even use that one, but now I am trying to find that site for the rest of the Crests, with no luck. If you have information on where I could find them, I will repay it with a surplus of gratitude and I promise I´ll be your friend... forever!
Namärie!Quel marth mellonamin,
Merin sa haryallë alassë!
Namarië!
A.Z.

loni

Elven Crests

Post#2 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:04 pm

Elven cr4ests? Make that me be your best friend tooooooooo!!!!!1 Oh, elven crests, elven crests, elven crests!!!! Why don't we both go to google.com and search for it. Just search for elves and elvish and elvish+crests and stuff like that, or have you already tried it?

Gildor Inglorion

Elven Crests

Post#3 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:47 am

I think l found it.... is it this site: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/elven_history/crests.asp ??? Please tell me if l'm your best friend now.

:disturbed: :wiggle:

Azadhel

Elven Crests

Post#4 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:17 pm

Naaah, thanks anyway. The one I mean had a more darker look. Don´t get me wrong, the site was interesting. Still, I am looking for the Tolkien´s Elven crests. Go gooogle sounds like a good idea. An even better one was that I´ve tried it already. We can check if you want. At least now I feel "not alone" in my search.

Namarië!

A.Z.

bugyfeanor

Elven Crests

Post#5 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:51 pm

Oh, looking for Elven crests? That sounds interesting!
Azadhel, u say u have Feanor's? As I'm sure u can see from my name, that makes me rather curious... so, what is it like? I'd love to see it, somehow! :elfwink: :)

Namarie!
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

vilyon

Elven Crests

Post#6 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:03 pm

Have you tried going into your History:read:

loni

Elven Crests

Post#7 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:11 pm

Please tell me if you're my best friend now.

Of course you're my best friend. My bestestestestest friend. Is that a word? I thought not. bUt you're still my best friend for giving me that site.

Tyrhael

Elven Crests

Post#8 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:36 pm

I believe that this site will be of assistance:
http://www.forodrim.org/gobennas/heraldry/heraldry.htm

:D

Azadhel

Elven Crests

Post#9 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:27 pm

Sure, Feanor, I have right here. As a matter of fact, looking for them I found a sketch of Feanor turned arround and the crests of his house and some others are drawn there too. I have the images here but have no idea how to send them to you. Perhaps sending private messages, as Tarrant does, but you´ll have to show me how. I was trying to send them to Loni before but not even on the profile menu there is a way. The Feanorian crest is a square, but rotated 45 degrees so it rests on one of the corners. It has couple of thick circles, one biger than the other inside. Between circles there are shapes drawn as to represent rays, like sun beams, from the smaller circle to the largest. In the center of the small circle there appears to be a sun kinda. And swirled tounges, as of fire, on the corners between the square and the biggest circle. I hope this makes sense. Anywho, my address is zea@imneverwrong.com if it helps. Also, Arcormacolindóva is right. You can see them on that site. That helps a lot. Thank you. Nonetheless, the site I remember had them all lined up and ready to be enlarged. Don´t get me wrong, this helps a lot.
:elf:

Namarië!

A.Z.

Gildor Inglorion

Elven Crests

Post#10 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:20 am

l really can't find more :( l searched google, altavista and some other Dutch searchmachines, but l really can't find it :(

Return to “General Discussion”