Aragorn Vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

loni

Post#1 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:45 pm

Okay.......... Weird people here. Aragorn all the way! ARagorn all the way! Aragorn all the way!

Nilgaerien

Post#2 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:29 pm

Aragorn yes but Obi-Wan is really awesome too. I think Aragorn has more of the macho, rugged look which is what I'd go for but Obi-Wan can lift things with his mind!!! Can't beat that.

Elfstone

Post#3 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:20 pm

Well I hate to say it, because as much as I love Aragorn (and I do, one of my favorite characters of all time period, and the one who got my vote a while back on PT for most valiant man of the Third Age) I’m going to have to go with Old Ben. Why? Simple, he has the Force, and his lightsaber would cut Anduril in half.

However, if it were a straight up fistfight, mano y mano with no special powers, then I’d have to go with Aragorn because I think he’s a little bit more rugged.

Man that was tough. How about if Obi-Wan and Aragorn are on the same team and they get to kick some tail together!!!!
:elfwink:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

wooffy_iluvatar

Post#4 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:19 pm

ahhhh star wars. What can be better than laser swords or darth vader.... LOTR duh! Laser Swords? How? REAL swords= more realistic. Darth Vader? Nothing Compared to Sauron
Luke I am your Father!
well Sauron was deffentiall not Frodos father and he deffentially wouldnt give up evil! That makes him a true ddark lord!
Im in a shock, Im full of Spazz, I give my energy, Im full of Ballet tap and jazz!

Elfstone

Post#5 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:37 pm

Darth Vader? Nothing Compared to Sauron.

You got that right!!! :lightening:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

gnampie

Post#6 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:17 am

I would go for Aragorn, not the movie-Aragorn, but the book-Aragorn. If I would need someone to go with me on a journey, I would choose Aragorn. For me he means dignity, loyalty, knowlegde, wisdom, serenity, calmth, strength and respect. I don't see him as a macho, not the book-Aragorn. Obi-Wan is too distant for me.

labelledominique

Post#7 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:31 am

:juggleemot: :wiggle: Although I absolutely love Obi, I think maybe Aragorn may have the edge here. It would be interesting to actually see them in a duel, though. But they are both good guys, so I wouldn't know who to root for.

ayan

Post#8 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:59 am

its aragorn , aragorn all the way! though obi has his own style still no one beats the Elessar. u know he is THE KING even if he is covered in a ragged cloak and hasnt seen a shaving blade for years. for me he is the best character from the third age. Viggo was pretty good in the movie (though i wud say the makeup did the trick coz in real life he looks like a dope with his blonde hair) :imtheking:
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken;
The crownless again shall be King.

Azadhel

Post#9 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:52 pm

After considering the lack of responses got in this thread, one must sadly draw a definite conclusion: A handful of people alone know who Obi-wan Kenobi is. Of course rooting for Aragorn is the best option. Here, at least. But every time I see Episode 2 I must say that Obi-wan is, as we say in spanish : Lo más maximísimo. Naturally, it had to be a Mano y Mano combat. Aragorn lacks acrobatic, jedi rage, force stealth, force speed, premonition, tumble (well, tumble he probably has), jump, self heal, mind control... to mention a few. But that is why it would be sooo interesting, for they both have weapon prophiciency, charisma, reputation, heal another, disable devise, lore, spot, and listen. Not to recall what us three have: dignity, loyalty, knowlegde, wisdom, serenity, calmth, strength and respect. Most important, and you forgot to mention it, Honor. None of them could unjustly hit the other one just for fun... or could they?
Namärie!Quel marth mellonamin,
Merin sa haryallë alassë!
Namarië!
A.Z.

Amarië

Post#10 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:05 pm

Poor Aragorn wouldn't have a chance, Obi could just take his sword and he would beat him at fencing in second. Aragorn could never beat Obi. But if Aragorn was born in that that galaxy far, far away he would have been an jedi for sure! Aragorn Skywalker perhaps? ;)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Return to “General Discussion”