when does the special edition

gothmog lord of balrogs

Post#1 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:49 pm

when does the special edition of rotk come out in the U.S.?
Question: What is best in life? Answer: To crush the enemy to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of the women.

rednell

Post#2 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:07 pm

The theatrical version of ROTK will be released on VHS and DVD in the USA on May 25th and the special extended version is expected to be on sale in November, just in time for holiday giving. :)

gothmog lord of balrogs

Post#3 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:02 pm

Thanks, I thought since the theatrical was coming out sooner that they would bump up the special edition as well.
Question: What is best in life? Answer: To crush the enemy to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of the women.

grondmaster

Post#4 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:57 pm

We should be so lucky. :paranoid:
'Share and enjoy'

loni

Post#5 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:23 pm

Tell you what, why don't you just read ROTK again instead of watching the special edition? Much better for your brain and understanding of TLOTR!

Stonehelm

Post#6 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:09 am

Or evern better, read all three books and THEN watch the movies. That way everything comes out palantir clear and you have a perfect view of the story!

I didn't know ROTK was coming out sooner than the other two. Glad I know now!
I will never raise the white flag.

Elfstone

Post#7 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:59 pm

Welcome to PT Gothmog, glad to have you with us! :wavehello:

Just so you know, there is also a lot more on the SEE of RotK in the RotK movie forum. Just look for the thread entitled THE ROTK SEE DVD THREAD.

Also I’ll probably be moving this thread over to that one in the next couple of days as I feel that’s where it best belongs. As soon as I figure out how to move it, I will, unless another CM beats me to it first!
:elfwink:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

randalllin

Post#8 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:33 pm

WHat I want to know is if there is going tobe a extended trilogy set!

loni

Post#9 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 pm

Or evern better, read all three books and THEN watch the movies. That way everything comes out palantir clear and you have a perfect view of the story!

Or even even EVEN better, read all three books, and watch a specially edited version you made yourself of the movies, which cuts out all the added in bits, and puts in the bits they missed out (your cat is Frodo, and you are Sam, and everyone else is cardboard cut-outs) that you acted yourself, with your only friend (your cat)!

Great idea, huh!?

Elfstone

Post#10 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:41 pm

WHat I want to know is if there is going tobe a extended trilogy set!

Yes Randalllin, much to my own personal dismay (because I’ve already purchased the first two deluxe SEE’s with the exclusive WETA statues) I believe that NL is going to put out an extended trilogy box set sometime in early 2005.

It just makes me mad because PJ had said all along they wouldn’t do that because it wouldn’t be fair to all of the fans that have already purchased the SEE’s separately. Sadly, once again however, doing the “right thing” has been trumped by the lure of the almighty dollar.
:elfroleeyes:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Return to “General Discussion”