loni

Post#1 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:39 pm

Guys, I have just spent half an hour looking for a good avatar. Does anyone know any great places for avatar-hunting?

Gildor Inglorion

Post#2 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:50 am

l found my Avater with google. But l don't know what you are looking for. Maybe if you could tell me that, l could help you...

Etharion

Post#3 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:22 am

I have my avatar but IT STILL WONT WORK!!!! It still says that it has to be in gif format AND IT IS !!! :angryelf: I dont know what do do anymore. :elfconfused:

Gildor Inglorion

Post#4 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:54 am

Is it 70x70 pixels?

Amarië

Post#5 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:14 am

E-mail the pic to me and I'll see what I can do. amarie@shiremail.com
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

perwing

Post#6 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:13 am

check that it says .gif and not .GIF (j think it was that way, but anyway only one of those worked before, and maybe it is still the case...?? )
I am Perwing - fear me!! ;-)
(just look at my pic, scary huh??)

gothmog lord of balrogs

Post#7 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:56 pm

I know really could use a hand from somebody with this too. I am really new to the on-line gig and I would like to learn more. So if anyone could give me a hand on how to do this I would really appreciate it. :dunce: :dunce:
Question: What is best in life? Answer: To crush the enemy to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Etharion

Post#8 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:15 pm

Yes its 70 by 70. thanks Amarie , il send it over right away.

Amarië

Post#9 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:23 pm

Well Etharion, I tried to upload you avatar and it went fine. But it has happend befor that an avatar works fine with me and not at all with someone else. After you have uploaded it, try refreshing the "edit your profile page" a couple of times. But if it says the pic is not a .gif file.. I don't know. Keep trying.
"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Azadhel

Post#10 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:50 pm

Aaaw, Perwing, I love your´s. With the crown and everything, aint that cute?
Amarie will always pop up whenever there is someone in need. Should we be grateful? I would like to guide Everyone on the process of correctly instaling your Avatar, or as we like to call it, Residual Self Image. But I can´t. All I remember is that, when creating my profile, at the very end there was a blank gray square (can you say that?) that said something in the middle. "Your Avatar", perhaps. Well, it was at the very end and you could chose one from a variety. I had to look at every category and was disliking less one over another. On the very last page of categories I found myself, literally. I couldn´t have made it better. Can you see me? Look into my eyes, for I am looking into yours.

Ah, also, when I read the Topic I thought we were gonna be voting on Them. I wish Loni had one. Bugy Feanor for meaningful; Vee for intense; Lord Aelric for agressive... I could go on, but we are not talking about that.
Namärie!Quel marth mellonamin,
Merin sa haryallë alassë!
Namarië!
A.Z.

Return to “General Discussion”