He`s strangely familliar

shadow_of_mordor

He`s strangely familliar

Post#1 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:00 pm

Hey guys, don`t you think J. R. R. Tolkien looks just like Ion Iliescu, but without glasses? :paranoid: Or maybe he looks like some other well known people, but we don`t realise.

LadyFeawen

He`s strangely familliar

Post#2 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:18 pm

Hehe, I admit I had to google the name "Lon Lliescu" and find a picture to know who you were talking about. Lol, he does look a little similer to Tolkien but Tolkien was the hansomer man. Which is kind of strange to say about a dead man? :paranoid: :catsmiley:
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

grondmaster

He`s strangely familliar

Post#3 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:10 pm

Please post a link to Lon Lliescu's photograph, to enable our comparison. :elfconfused:

Also I think to be more accurate, "Lon Lliescu will be found to look like Professor Tolkien" as Tolkien actually preceeded Lliescu", or doesn't "who came first" really matter. :elfwink:
'Share and enjoy'

shadow_of_mordor

He`s strangely familliar

Post#4 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:41 pm

Actually it`s Ion iliescu, but I had to use big i, it`s the least I can do for the president of my country. And about the age... hmmm, it`s true that Tolkien is dead, and it is normal to be older, but somebody who saw Iliescu can say the contrary. He`s not as young as he looks :). I`ll try to find a photo with him, but I`ve got no guarantee that there is a picture of Iliescu that is not spitted or God knows what weird rituals can happen to a photo. That`s because he`s very loved in our country, too loved I might add. You can figure it out from his nickname : The Granny. And I still don`t know all the details about the man. :D

grondmaster

He`s strangely familliar

Post#5 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:37 pm

Okay, I found one Ion Iliescu. And yes from the bridge of the nose up they are very similar. Think it is the eyes. Compare with the middle pictures of Tolkien.
'Share and enjoy'

LadyFeawen

He`s strangely familliar

Post#6 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:34 pm

Also I think to be more accurate, "Lon Lliescu will be found to look like Professor Tolkien" as Tolkien actually preceeded Lliescu", or doesn't "who came first" really matter.

*giggle* Doesn't matter how you say it since it's such a trivial thing.. And I was just making a small, accurate comment since the topic is on how they look similar :P: :catsmiley:
I was born to catch dragons in their dens

And pick flowers

To tell tales and laugh away the morning

To drift and dream like a lazy stream

And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

Return to “General Discussion”