what do you think about lotr?

ferris greenleaf

Post#1 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:39 am

i think lotr is the most descriptive book ever.j.r.r tolkien could go on about a tree for 10 pages!i mean it's so cool!!!!! lord of the rings is the most amazing books ever!!!! there is no word for how amarzing these books are so let me know how you feel about the lord of the rings!!!!!!!

elrohir

Post#2 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:52 am

it is great!But for me whole middle earth is great,not just LOTR!!!

ferris greenleaf

Post#3 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:09 pm

SAME WITH ME ELROHIR!!!!! I LOVE MIDDLE EARTH !!!!!!!!!! I WISH THAT I LIVED IN MIDDLE EARTH BECUASE IT IS THE BEST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!! :happyelf:

bugyfeanor

Post#4 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:36 pm

Middle-earth is great! Of course, I can't think of many people who would choose to live in Utumno, Angband or Mordor, but then, who can tell?!
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

loni

Post#5 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:22 pm

I think we all agree on this point. LOTR is the greatest book ever written. Am I right? (I assumed that everyone on this site thought it was, or they wouldn't've joined).

I MISS MIDDLE-EARTH!!!!!!!!! (And don't point out I haven't been there to miss it, or I'll just get even more homesick!!!!!)

idril

Post#6 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:20 am

What a question! OF COURSE LotR is the greatest and most fazinating book ever! I just reading it again but I don't really know how often I read it before...
I always feel sort of pity with somebody, who hasn't read it...

bugyfeanor

Post#7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:52 pm

I am sorry to disappoint you, my friends, but I don't think LotR is the greatest book ever written!
IMHO, that place is held by The Silmarillion, by far... :D

Namarie!

valedhelgwath

Post#8 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:08 pm

IMHO, that place is held by The Silmarillion, by far..

I second that, Bugy. I only really appreciated it fully, however, after I had dug deeper into the likes of UT and HOME and saw its true depth.

bugyfeanor

Post#9 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:24 pm

Well, yeah, the Silmarillion is not really complete without those other works... I loved those too, though I've read just two of HoMe volumes! I can hardly wait to read all of them! *eager*

grondmaster

Post#10 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:09 pm

Okay, The Silmarillion is great because it covers the breadth and depth of Tolkien's world historically; however, I still like The Lord of the Rings the best, because it is an epic story that keeps me turning pages and repeatedly saying, 'Just one more chapter and then I'll turn out the light'. Almost all of my reading is to escape the mundane world in which we find ourselves.

That never happened when I read The Silmarillion: the best I could say is, 'Well I guess I can read a couple more pages to get to the end of the chapter.' It wasn't boring, it just held no excitement for me: sort of like Gollum's reaction to lembas, ' ... Dust and ashes, I can't eat that'. While The Lord of the Rings fleshes out a small portion of The Silmarillion into something juicy in which I can sink my teeth. :catsmiley:

Of course I've only read The Silmarillion three times so maybe it grows on one. :wiggle:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “General Discussion”