Who all can speak Quenya?

elfish

Post#1 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:42 am

I'm a newbie at it and downloaded the lessons at ardalambion.com, so I hope that helps because a lot of people I ask say its the best place to learn. Does anyone know if there is a book on how to speak Quenya?

adweena

Post#2 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:21 am

I have a book its for all the languages Tolkien wrote but mostly Sindarin and Quenya. The book is called: The Language of Tokien's Middle-earth by Ruth S. Noel. I really like it , it has and English to Elvish dictionary and how to write Elvish.

Hope that helps! :tigger:

elfish

Post#3 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:35 am

Where did you get it and yes it does help thanx very much!

Stonehelm

Post#4 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:14 am

You might be able to get it at your local bookstore or online.
I will never raise the white flag.

Tyrhael

Post#5 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:00 pm

I would definitely not recommend Ruth S. Noel's book; it's very outdated and contains many errors and incorrect theories.

Peredhil

Post#6 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:24 pm

Ardalambion is definitely the best reference you will find.
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

THINGOL77

Post#7 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:15 pm

Aiya elfish:

it used to be a quenya course in here, but I do not know if it still goes on or not, for more information there are some miscelaneous guilts in here, so you can check. if anybody gives the course again, I would love to follow it

adweena

Post#8 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:56 pm

Wow, Arcormacolindova I didn't know that. :shocked: Well does anybody have a recommendation for a book that doesn't have mistakes. I like to read about all the languages. So can someone help me out? :happyelf:

Peredhil

Post#9 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:58 am

it used to be a quenya course in here, but I do not know if it still goes on or not, for more information there are some miscelaneous guilts in here, so you can check. if anybody gives the course again, I would love to follow it

There was one problem with the Quenya course. At the start, there were lots of people attending the lessons. However, as time went by, interest dwindled, until it had to be suspended. Then the course was restarted from the beginning, kindled by the enthusiasm of several new members of PT. Exactly the same thing happened again. And again, and again. In the end the course had to be terminated indefinitely. If anyone really feels that we should give it one more go, it may well be starting again in a couple of weeks' time. We'll see.
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

i aran

Post#10 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:29 pm

I have been learning Quenya for the past two weeks, and I have to say - it's easier than I thought it would be. The sentence structure is very simple, the only real problem is all the vocab, but i guess that just takes time.

Return to “General Discussion”