Zeppelin knew Gollum?

eldarwen

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:39 pm

I don't know where else to put this.

Trivia question: Which Led Zeppelin song contains the lines, "In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair. But the Gollum, the evil one, crept up and swept away with her."

Elfstone

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:45 pm

I think the song is called "Ramble On", at least I know that's the chorus of that tune anyway.
:elf:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

oloriniwasinmyyouth

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#3 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:09 pm

Well done, Sir Elfstone. It's from the Album Led Zeppelin II.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.
How years ago in days of old, when magic filled the air.
T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair.
But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her....yeah.

eldarwen

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#4 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:35 pm

good job, especially considering I got some of the words wrong. :D

ingwe

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#5 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:21 am

there a many bands who wrote songs about middlearth, but led zepplin must have been one of the greatest. But then there is even the rumor that the beatles wanted to adapt the lotr but Tolkien refused them

lord_aragorn86

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#6 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:25 am

Well, thre is another...Blind Guardian. They tok out an album called "A nightfall in Middle-Earth" and as any nut can guess, its dedicated entirely to Tolkien's world!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

virumor

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#7 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:12 am

I'm not sure Zeppelin knew Gollum... the only thing i'm sure of, is that Blimp 182 knew him!
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

oloriniwasinmyyouth

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#8 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:29 am

Go to:

http://www.tolkien-music.com

Great link site for Tolkien-influenced music

Elfstone

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#9 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:31 pm

But then there is even the rumor that the beatles wanted to adapt the lotr but Tolkien refused them

Yeah, I seem to recall hearing something like that as well somewhere along the line?
:orchuh:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

the legend master

Zeppelin knew Gollum?

Post#10 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:10 pm

Anyone heard Bob Catley's 'Middle Earth' album - he's the (ex)singer from Magnum. Kinda 'almost metal'. Good album, though he has done better.

I am currently listening to Blind Guardian (proper metal!!) Live album which has a few of the tracks from 'Nightfall in Middle Earth' mentioned in this thread. HIGHLY recommended.!!

So thats Bob Catley, Blind Guardian, Led Zep.... who else has done the 'tolkien' thing, and can you recommend the album / song???

the Legend Master

Return to “General Discussion”