Barrow-Wights??

eldarwen

Barrow-Wights??

Post#1 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:47 am

I am trying to understand what "Barrow-Wights" are. For some reason I cannot picture them, for I do not understand the nature of what they are. I am terrified of them, however.

Could someone please explain this to me?

:elfconfused:

gwaihir

Barrow-Wights??

Post#2 » Mon May 02, 2005 2:09 am

I think that barrow wights are dead Arnorians that the Witch King of Angmar sent some spirits to occupy. But yeah... they are creepy, especially the big hand one (if there was a big hand one)!

valedhelgwath

Barrow-Wights??

Post#3 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:47 am

That is pretty much the case. The barrows were the burial mounds of the Anorian kings and lords etc. The Witchking sent evil spirits into these mounds to occupy the bodies, and they became "undead" creatures. I imagine they appear as walking corpses, in varying degrees of decomposition, donned in whatever armour and finary they were buried in.

grondmaster

Barrow-Wights??

Post#4 » Mon May 02, 2005 6:35 pm

Similar to zombies, ghouls, ghasts, etc. Barrow wights are spirit animated undead who are jealous of all living creatures and have the desire to remove the wellspring of life wherever they find it.
'Share and enjoy'

Vee

Barrow-Wights??

Post#5 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:48 am

Ah, like football hooligans?

maydmarion

Barrow-Wights??

Post#6 » Tue May 03, 2005 1:17 pm

Were they similar to the burial mounds found around and about ...... :question: without the spookies though... :superscared:

grondmaster

Barrow-Wights??

Post#7 » Tue May 03, 2005 4:05 pm

I understand there are quite a few ancient barrows left in England that remain undisturbed. Or have the hobbits and archaeologists already invaded those domains too?
'Share and enjoy'

virumor

Barrow-Wights??

Post#8 » Tue May 03, 2005 4:09 pm

Barrow Wight was one of the most popular singer-songwriters in Middle-Earth.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

maydmarion

Barrow-Wights??

Post#9 » Mon May 09, 2005 2:39 pm

We have a tv programme called Time Team, they all get excited when they find old things. They have found burial mounds - no spooks though - !!!!!?????

Just imagine what they'd do if they found what Frodo found - hehehe

smeagolisfree99

Barrow-Wights??

Post#10 » Fri May 13, 2005 9:02 am

Want to know what it is, eh? Well then.... I'm a barrow wight!! :P MWAHAHAHAHA!! *flies away*

Return to “General Discussion”