Any moment, any place in ME

dwarflord

Post#1 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:02 pm

Dwarflord at your service!!

I just got an idea for a thread, hope you like it.
If you were given the possibility to be transported right now to any place, and to any moment in Middle Earth. Which moment would you chose to witness, from among all that took place?
No one has just one answer to this, I bet, so post your answers any time you feel like going to ME...

From the top of my head...I'd go to Khazad Dum early in the Second Age. At this time mithril was discovered and the Dwarves befriended Elves from Eregion. I'd stand in the vast halls of Dwarrowdelf in the time of its greatest might.

miruvor

Post#2 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:14 pm

First Age, to the forest of Neldoreth, on a hill near the Esgalduin river.

I yearn to see Tinúviel dance.

dwarflord

Post#3 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:17 am

I'm listening to the OST from The Lord of the Rings.

I want to be ..... 60 years before The War of the Ring, Erebor, The Lonely Mountain, the Battle of Five Armies. (as a bystander and observer of course:)
The Dwarves are statnding at bay, Elven archers darken the sky with their arrows, Goblins charge, mounted on Wargs...

tommie

Post#4 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:16 am

Hello Dwarflord! :wavehello: Love this thread!

Right now I would love to be in Fangorn Forest in the days when the wood was still young, find rest and peace among the Ents and have a quiet conversation with Treebeard. *sigh*

Vee

Post#5 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:29 am

Oooooooh so many to choose from.... where does one start?

I am influenced by Tolkien's writing in my first few choices - rather than visit Lothlorien for the ambient moods and parties, clubbing etc, I would first like to witness several moments which for me are brought truly to life by Tolkien's words.

Helm's Deep

And with that should the king came. His horse was white s snow, golden ws his shield, and his spear was long. At his right hand ws Aragorn, Elendil's heir, behind him rode the lords of the House of Eorl the Young. Light sprang in the sky. Night departed.

Then suddenly upon a ridge appeared a rider, clad in white, shining in the rising sun. Over the low hills the horns were sounding. Behind him, hastening down the long slopes, were a thousand men on foot; their swords were in their hands. Amid them strode a man tall and strong. His shield was red. As he came to the valley's brink, he set to his lips a great black horn and blew a ringing blast. "Erkenbrand!" the Riders shouted. ... Down from the hills leaped Erkenbrand, lord of Westfold. Down leaped Shadowfax, like a deer that runs surefooted in the mountains. The White Rider was upon them, and the terror of his coming filled the enemy with madness....

The Ride of the Rohirrim

Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Orome the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. His golden shield was uncovered, and lo! it shone like an image of the Sun, and the grass flamed into green about the white feet of his steed....

Such wonderful imagery - I would love to see it happening.

ithil

Post#6 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:03 am

inside the lonely mountain, watching smaug sleeping on his treasure. in my mind that looks great, I'd really love to be there to watch him.

that's a wonderful thread, a great idea! :orcthumbs:

gwaihir

Post#7 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:05 am

After much deliberation (I think that's what the word means..?) I've decided that I would love to see the moment when everyone was expecting to see their killers come out of the corsair ships, and then Aragorn & co. and the army of the dead come out and sweep the Pelenor Field. Awesome.

mellon

Post#8 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:42 pm

What a great thread !!! I would like to go with Gandalf , Frodo and the elfs to the Grey Haven... I want the see what happens next..feeling the harmony and fellowship among them.... :happyelf:

dwarflord

Post#9 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:09 pm

I'm glad you all like this idea

My turn:
Deep in the libraries of Minas Tirith, when Gandalf discoveres the scrolls of Isildur, not long before The Quest begins. Gandalf is smoking his pipe, candles cast shadows on the stone walls...

What a moment...

miruvor

Post#10 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:54 pm

Well, it would be nice now to see Galadriel do her "evil queen" act on Frodo.

I wonder if she can be more spooky than my mother... :smoke:

Not to mention, see Éowyn perform her "cage" speech.

I wonder if she can be more melodramatic than one of my sisters... :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”